Food Network’s Chopped is quickly becoming one of the most popular shows on air. This cooking competition show has three rounds: appetizer, entrée, and dessert. After each round, the judges choose one contestant to be eliminated until they find a champion. Audiences are eating this show up, due partly to the excellent panel of Chopped judges. My personal favorite is judge Alex Guarnaschelli, and here’s why:

She has a great online presence

alex guarnaschelli

Photo courtesy of @guarnaschelli on Instagram

For a member of Generation X, Alex has definitely hopped on the social media bandwagon, and she’s killing the game. She has strong presences on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, but most importantly, she’s good at replying to fans (myself included). On Instagram, she posts #foodporn with her own personal hashtag: #growllll.

She’s the executive chef at Butter NYC

alex guarnaschelli

Photo courtesy of butterrestaurant.com

There aren’t a majority of female chefs, let alone female executive chefs. Alex Guarneschelli is the female executive chef of a Michelin-starred restaurant. The girl clearly knows what she’s doing. Butter was a hot enough restaurant that Gossip Girl featured it in an episode.

She’s appeared on many shows as both a host and a judge

alex guarnaschelli

Photo courtesy of blog.foodnetwork.com

Alex has an array of credentials. She’s featured as both a chef and judge on Iron Chef America; as a judge on Chopped, Chopped Junior, and Food Network Challenge; and as host on both The Cooking Loft with Alex Guarnaschelli and Alex’s Day Off. Food Network + Alex Guarnaschelli = best combination.

She’s an excellent feminist role model

alex guarnaschelli

Photo courtesy of communitytable.parade.com

Alex is an independent, educated, and talented woman that doesn’t take any crap from a staff of judges that’s 66 percent male. When judging, Alex can hold her own and doesn’t let any of the men overshadow her opinions. She’s also great at balancing her family life with her career. Alex is a great role model for young women because she shows us that we can still excel in a male-dominated industry.

She appreciates good chocolate

alex guarnaschelli

Photo courtesy of @guarnaschelli on twitter.com

Alex understands what’s truly important in life. Most of her posts online are about food. Her best posts are about chocolate, whether they be in the form of bars, cakes, cookies, or other desserts. I know for a fact that I can’t look at Alex’s Instagram on an empty stomach. Especially not when I’m hangry.

She’s a BOSS ASS BITCH

alex guarnaschelli

Photo courtesy of nytimes.com

Alex grew up with parents who were also gifted chefs. Her mother encouraged her to cook rather than playing with Barbie dolls. Alex realized her passion for the culinary arts from a very young age and continued to cultivate her gift throughout her adult life. That’s one of the most admirable things someone can do. Also, Alex cooked for her own wedding while she was pregnant, which is one of the most badass things anyone can do. Keep on doing you, Alex.