I am an avid fan of nut butter…but really who isn’t?

Not only are nuts super healthy, but they’re also tasty. Peanut butter may be the most well known nut butter, but there are many other nut butters that people forget about. In order to encourage people to try other varieties of nut butter, I matched nut butters with a corresponding college major.

1. Almond Butter: Psychology

Nut Butter

Photo by Keni Lin

Almond butter is not like peanut butter and that isn’t a bad thing. Almond butter has a slightly salty taste and a crunchier texture than peanut butter. Almond butter is perfect for psychology majors because they are always working to find new things about the brain. Anyone looking for a reason to branch out and expose their brain to something new should give almond butter a try, not to mention these Almond Butter and Pumpkin Pie Spiced Paninis.

2. Sunflower Butter: Engineering

Nut Butter

Photo courtesy of @fitmiss3388 on Instagram

I swear this is going to be the next big thing after #YolkPorn. Sunflower butter is like an engineering major in the sense that they’re both looking to be independent. Engineering majors have to be creative yet practical as they discover and create new things. Sunflower butter has emerged into the nut butter world as the next big idea.

3. Walnut Butter: Science

Nut Butter

Photo courtesy of @futtersnutbutters on Instagram

Like a science major who looks for ways to help our earth, walnut butter looks for ways to clean your body. Walnuts can be grown locally, made with little water and people can use the husk. Walnut butter is a vegan’s dream, supplying high amounts of omega-3s. Eat some walnut butter to save the environment and your health.

4. Coconut Butter: Nutrition

Nut Butter

Photo by Angelina Marioni

Coconut butter is the new craze among many nutritionist and celebrities because of the healthy fat content which helps to supply the body with energy. It’s packed with antioxidants and helps speed up your metabolism. Nutrition majors are always on the lookout for the next great superfood (Goji berries, anyone?) and you can be sure as heck that they’ll endorse coconut butter.

5. Hazelnut Butter: Art

Nut Butter

Photo by Keren Straus

Hazelnut butter, or Nutella for those who refuse to believe in other brands, is a beautiful butter to look at. It is rich in color and goes with about everything. Just like art majors, hazelnut butter works to please the eye and creates a beautiful finished product. If you need a study break, try making Homemade Nutella.

6. Peanut Butter: Business

Nut Butter

Photo by Maggie Gorman

Here it is. The one and only peanut butter. Peanut butter is classic and never goes out of style. Whether it’s the classic PB&J or addicting Reeses Peanut Butter Cups Peanut Butter always gets right down to business.