Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

Long ago, the four elements lived together in foodie harmony. It was only I who could determine what meals would go best with each element. The four elements are the very elements (or energies) of life.

There’s been an mutual understanding of the elemental balance needed to sustain life for generations. Water being the source of all foods and ultimately our happiness; Earth being the ground we firmly plant our feet; Fire giving us the warmth of a hug; and Air to keep us concentrated and balanced. Since the four elements are essential to life and food is life, it only makes sense we talk about the two together.

Earth Signs: Taurus, Capricorn, Virgo = Breakfast

elements

Earth signs are known for being down to earth, traditional and loyal. They love to plan things ahead of time because of their desire for structure and balance. Earth Signs are breakfast because they know that breakfast is a major key to starting the day off right. They’re not one’s to take risks so skipping the first meal of the day is very unlikely and could mess up their day entirely. They may take this time to check on the news or reflect on themselves, their personal lives, their loved ones etc.

Air Signs: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius = Lunch

GIF courtesy of Giphy.com

Air signs are the critical thinkers of the zodiac, their minds are always filled with new ideas just waiting to be voiced. They’re innovators, who are quick on their feet and lunch gives them the break that they need to express themselves outside of their workspace. They use this time to communicate with their coworkers on either the latest office gossip or a personal project. Air signs are very ambitious and determined so this might cause them to skip meals but eating lunch will re-energize them to finish whatever they have to do.

Fire Signs: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius = Dinner

elements

Fire signs are the most energetic and spontaneous of all the zodiac signs. Their natural desire to be the center of attention correlates with their enthusiasm for large groups. Dinner is a time for friends, family, neighbors, etc to come together and converse about their lives and interests over a good meal. With dinner they are able to vibe off of the high energy especially when they are surrounded by those they care for. It’s also been proven that families who eat together really do stay together.

Water Signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces = Dessert

elements

As maternal and protective these signs are, they’re the babies of the zodiac.  They are only serious when they have to be but other than that their inner child is out to play. They need a lot of special attention from those around them and hate to be ignored or unappreciated. Water signs are desserts because they’re compassionate, and always look out for others. Sugary foods like ice cream and cake make us “feel better” because they reduce stress and increase the amount of endorphins in our brains.

But We Are All Coffee

elements

No matter what sign you were born under or whatever element you belong to, we can all come together and agree that coffee is the ultimate meal.