The employees of Dunder Mifflin are truly one-of-a-kind, and most fans of The Office can attest to the fact that the individual personalities of each character intermingle to create one of the funniest television shows of the past decade.

On a completely different note, everyone needs two servings of fruit a day in order to maintain personal health and well-being. So, what better way to describe the employees of Dunder Mifflin than to compare them to one of the most quintessential parts of our diet?

1. Michael Scott: Lychee

the office

Photo courtesy of Miwok on flickr.com

Lychees are characterized by a thick, bumpy, red or pale orange skin that is easy to peel. Beneath the skin lies a juicy white fruit and a large inedible seed.

Michael Scott is known for his insensitive jokes, rude comments, and mediocre work ethic. However, just like juicy white fruit lies under the rough skin of lychees, beneath his vulgar conduct lies an incredibly sweet and kind human being.

the office

2. Dwight Schrute: Apple

the office

Photo by Olivia Mattyasovszky

Apples are often times the first image people conjure in their brains when they think of fruits. It is the alpha fruit, or the fruit of all fruits.

Dwight loves to live under the notion that he is the smartest and most capable employee of Dunder Mifflin. His huge ego drives his over the top competitiveness within the office, making him quite similar to an apple.

the office

3. Pam Beesly: Pineapple

the office

Photo by Kendra Vaculin

Pineapples are sweet tropical fruits with a thick skin that  often takes a while peel.

Pam begins the series as a shy employee. However, over the course of the show she slowly comes to terms with who she is and what she wants. Just like pineapples take a long time to peel, Pam slowly comes out of her shell over the course of the series.

the office

4. Jim Halpert: Banana

the office

Photo by Abigail Wang

Bananas are known to be “America’s favorite fruit.” They are not only easy to take on the go, but they are also packed with nutrients.

Jim is the epitome of the “nice guy” that every girl dreams of dating. Just like so many Americans love bananas, Jim’s genuine care for Pam and intelligent sense of humor make him attractive to just about every girl.

5. Meredith Palmer: Lime

the office

Photo by Katherine Ritcher

Limes are extremely sour and are most often used as a way to compensate for the harsh taste of tequila.

Meredith is known for her horrible drinking problem and likely needs the lime to compensate for all those tequila shots she takes before, during, and after work.

the office

6. Toby Flenderson: Raisin

the office

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

Raisins are simply dried grapes, but people are often bothered by their shriveled and sticky texture.

Toby’s monotonous voice, dry humor, and strict interpretation of company policy make him appear boring and, for lack of a better phrase, the “party pooper” in all situations. Even though there are many people who enjoy raisins, an overwhelming number of people find them quite unappetizing.

7. Angela Lipton: Cherry

the office

Photo by Kristin Brennan

Cherries are small and juicy. However, their seeds often make them slightly difficult to eat.

Just like cherries are sometimes difficult to eat, Angela’s conservative and meticulous nature often make her difficult to deal with. Thus, many avoid getting on her bad side.

the office

8. Kevin Malone: Grape

the office

Photo by Naib Mian

Grapes are small and easy to eat. They can be eaten raw or used to make wine, jam, or juice.

Kevin loves to eat; however, if he is being forced to eat healthy, he needs a fruit that he can snack on all day long. Thus, grapes are the perfect fit for him.

the office

9. Oscar Martinez: Coconut

the office

Photo courtesy of home remediesforlife.com

Coconuts are an important part of nearly a third of the world’s diet. They have 3 layers and many nutritional benefits.

Oscar is known for his intelligence within the office. He is likely the only one that would go out of his way to learn about the nutritional benefits of coconut. He is also likely the only one that would go through the somewhat extensive process of cutting and eating a coconut.

the office

10. Phyllis Vance: Strawberry

the office

Photo by Morgan Goldberg

Strawberries are known to be aphrodisiacs, which are essentially substances that increase sexual desire. They are also a rich source of vitamin B and folic acid for women, boosting fertility.

Phyllis is known for her extreme lust and perpetual sexual desire for her husband, Bob Vance. She is not afraid to admit it, and therefore would be mostly likely to snack on strawberries to get through the work day.

the office

11. Creed Bratton: Mirabelle Plum

the office

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

Mirabelle plums hail from Lorraine, France, and are actually banned across the United States. They are small, oval-shaped, and yellow-organge in color.

Out of all of the characters from the show, Creed is the most likely to have somehow smuggled an illegal fruit into the country. His experiences from the war make him afraid of no one, not even the police.

the office

12. Kelly Kapoor: Watermelon

the office

Photo by Kathleen Lee

Watermelon has the lowest carbohydrate content out of every single fruit out there. However, it’s still delicious and refreshing to eat, especially in the summer months.

Kelly Kapoor is known for her somewhat superficial personality and constant obsession with appearance. She will likely try and eat as much watermelon as part of a diet to try to win Ryan back.

13. Erin Hannon: Gooseberry

the office

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

Gooseberry is a fruit that is native to many areas in Europe and Western Asia. It is round in shape and comes in many colors such as green, white, red, pink, and even black.

Erin Hannon is known to display almost a constant lack of common sense. She will likely try a gooseberry in hopes that it will actually be shaped like a goose.

the office

14. Andy Bernard: Dekopon

the office

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

A Dekopon is a hybrid between a mandarin and an orange, and it is supposed to be the most delicious citrus in the world. However, there are two catches. They are very expensive (you can buy 6 for $79), and they are only available in California and Japan.

Andy loves to brag about the fact that he went to Cornell and that his parents are extremely wealthy. He will likely purchase Dekopon over normal oranges just to impress everyone else.

the office

15. Stanley Hudson: Prune

the office

Photo by Ali Mooney

Prunes are dried plums, and similar to raisins, have a shriveled texture. Even though they may not look as appetizing as many other fruits, they help with digestive issues and help one reduce the urge to eat (they help control weight).

Even though Stanley is grumpy pretty much every day of the work week, he is hardworking and focused. He does not care what others think of him, and if he is trying to lose weight, he will shamelessly snack on prunes.

the office

16. Darryl Philbin: Lemon

the office

Photo by Caroline Liu

Lemons on their own are extremely sour. However, they do enhance the taste of other foods when added to them.

Darryl is a funny and laid-back guy. He does not cause many problems, but lightens the mood in the office.

the office

17. Gabe Lewis: Passionfruit

the office

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

Passionfruit is a small, round fruit that is purple when ripe. It’s both sweet and sour.

Gabe is known for his feminine behavior and soft personality. He is very emotional, making him the most likely to snack on passionfruit. Emphasis on the passion.

the office

18. Ryan Howard: Blueberry

the office

Photo by Alia Wilhelm

Blueberries are very small and sweet, and one serving of them is equivalent to about half a cup.

Ryan starts off the series as a temp. However, he later obtains a permanent position, but believes he can do better than Dunder Mifflin since he has an MBA. He hopes to save up to start his own business eventually, and thus, he lives very frugally, making him the most likely to snack on a single blueberry.

the office