2016’s award season is finally here, and now with the Golden Globes over, the real event is coming up… the Oscars. The Oscar nominations were released on January 14th and will air on February 28th. So start getting your snacks together so you don’t have to get up while Chris Rock is hosting or while Leo is accepting his award (fingers crossed).

1. Best Picture – Birthday Cake

Photo courtesy of deadline.com

“The Big Short”
“Bridge of Spies”
“Brooklyn”
“Mad Max: Fury Road”
“The Martian”
“The Revenant”
“Room”
“Spotlight”

Oscars

Photo courtesy of myturnstone.com

Personally, I’m hoping this award goes to “Room,” so like Jacob Tremblay and Brie Larson eat in the movie, you should enjoy some birthday cake for this award. If you’re feeling adventurous, try this rainbow cake.

2. Best Actor in a Leading Role – Champagne

Gif courtesy of brooklynbrewery.com

Bryan Cranston, “Trumbo”
Matt Damon, “The Martian”
Leonardo DiCaprio, “The Revenant”
Michael Fassbender, “Steve Jobs“
Eddie Redmayne, “The Danish Girl”

Oscars

Photo by Tarika Narain

Now we all are hoping that this award goes to Leo, but who knows what could happen. So channel your inner Gatsby, sit back and have yourself a glass of champagne, or turn your champagne into Jell-O shots with this recipe.

3. Best Actress in a Leading Role – Spaghetti

Oscars

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Cate Blanchett, “Carol”
Brie Larson, “Room”
Jennifer Lawrence, “Joy”
Charlotte Rampling, “45 Years”
Saoirse Ronan, “Brooklyn”

Oscars

Photo by Regan Fitzgerald

This is really a toss up, will it go to Brie Larson or Saoires Ronan? Seriously, it even could go to Alicia Vilkander. Well, I really hope that Saoires wins, so enjoy some spaghetti because she struggled so hard to learn how to eat it. Or if you’re cutting carbs, try this spaghetti squash recipe.

4. Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Water

Christian Bale, “The Big Short”
Tom Hardy, “The Revenant”
Mark Ruffalo, “Spotlight”
Mark Rylance, “Bridge of Spies”
Sylvester Stallone, “Creed”

Oscars

Photo by Kirsten Kumar

Christian Bale played the eccentric Michael Burry and had to do strange actions like avoid eye contact, stutter strangely, and he even made one of his eyes lazy for the role because the real Michael Burry has a glass eye. So for this film, chill out and have some water for Michael Burry’s next investment.

5. Best Actress in a Supporting Role – Pizza

Gif courtesy of crushable.com

Jennifer Jason Leigh, “The Hateful Eight”
Rooney Mara, “Carol”
Rachel McAdams, “Spotlight”
Alicia Vikander, “The Danish Girl”
Kate Winslet, “Steve Jobs“

Oscars

Photo by Ethan Cappello

Let’s be real here, Rachel McAdams has been mine and everyone else’s favorite since Mean Girls came out so we’re all pulling for her. For this film, you should eat some pizza because Mark Ruffalo is also nominated and his character was willing to eat a half eaten pizza for dinner. If you’re wondering how you should be eating pizza, check out this article.

6. Best Director – French Fries

Gif courtesy of paladinoandco.com

Adam McKay, “The Big Short”
George Miller, “Mad Max: Fury Road”
Alejandro G. Inarritu, “The Revenant”
Lenny Abrahamson, “Room”
Tom McCarthy, “Spotlight”

Oscars

Photo by Chelsea Hawk

For this category you should have some french fries to celebrate “The Martian” because even though Ridley Scott wasn’t nominated, he was nominated for the Golden Globes. In “The Martian,” Matt Damon grows potatoes on a planet that it is incapable to grow anything on.

7. Best Writing (Original) – Childhood Snacks

Gif courtesy of popkey.co

“Spotlight”
“Bridge of Spies”
“Ex Machina”
“Straight Outta Compton”
“Inside Out”

Oscars

Photo by Aarthi Chezian

Since Inside Out was nominated, you should eat some childhood snacks to go along with this category.

8. Best Writing (Adapted Material) – Popcorn

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

“Carol”
“The Big Short”
“Brooklyn”
“The Martian”
“Room”

Oscars

Photo by Alina Polishuk

Obviously you need some popcorn while watching the Oscars, but that’s not the only reason this food fits the category. I’m still upset that Aaron Sorkin wasn’t nominated for “Steve Jobs.” And since Steve Jobs had such peculiar eating habits including fruit and popcorn, you should eat some popcorn in tribute. We also suggest upgrading your popcorn like this.

9. Makeup and Hairstyling – Vegetables

“Mad Max: Fury Road”
“The 100-Year Old Man Who Climbed Out a Window and Disappeared”
“The Revenant”

Oscars

Photo by Rae Steinbach

“Mad Max: Fury Road” had an insane makeup and hairstyling requirement, half the people in the film had their whole bodies painted the entire time… It was crazy. With that aside, there wasn’t much eating during this film, but the lack of crops was a big deal so you eat some vegetables for this category. If you want to eat your vegetables and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time, check out these recipes.

12. Best Costume Design – French Food

Gif courtesy of papelpop.com

“Carol”
“Cinderella”
“The Danish Girl”
“Mad Max: Fury Road”
“The Revenant”

Oscars

Photo by Kelda Baljon

Thank god Eddie Redmayne is back again this year and not to mention, the costumes in the film were fabulous. Make sure to have some French food with this movie because they move to Paris at one point, but don’t spill any on your clothing.

11. Best Original Song – Martini (Shaken not Stirred)

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

“Earned It” – Fifty Shades of Grey
“Manta Ray” – The H
“Simple Song No. 3” – Youth
“Till It Happens to You” – Racing Extinction
“Writing’s on the Wall” – Spectre

Oscars

Gif by Justin Swan

James Bond was back again this year, so to celebrate make sure you have a Martini… Shaken, not stirred. If you want to make vodka suck less, try one of these cocktails.

12. Best Original Score – Star Wars-Themed Food

Gif courtesy of makingstarwars.net

“Bridge of Spies”
“Carol”
“The Hateful Eight”
“Sicario”
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens”

Oscars

Photo courtesy of sweetsugarbelle.com

Stars Wars has officially returned to the big screen and to celebrate, they have every different type of merchandise, including themed food. Or, you can make your own Star Wars snacks. Make sure to enjoy your Star Wars-themed food and may the force be with you while you enjoy this category.

Now that you got most of your food ready for each of the nominations, make sure to watch on February 28th.