As much as we love our protein and veggies, they must step aside for the real MVP… GLUTEN. The growing popularity of the “Girls with Gluten” Instagram account has caught not only our attention but foodies all around the world including celebrities, models, political influencers and regular peeps like you and me.

Girls with Gluten has gotten its dose of not-so-positive feedback. However, it’s difficult for Spoon University to ignore the 94 percent of Americans that are extremely tolerant gluten eaters.

Besides, just because we’re celebrating gluten eatin’ gals, doesn’t mean Girls with Gluten advocates unhealthy foods all the time. Nor is it opposed to those with celiac disease, vegans, or those who choose to not eat gluten. We just really like breadsticks.

Girls With Gluten

Photo courtesy of @girlswithgluten on Instagram

That’s right. On this account, you’ll see Hilary Clinton digging into cheese pizza. Other notable girls — like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, various athletes, Kim K, Gigi Hadid, Gwen Stafani, Drew Barrymore and Beyoncé — are all tagging #girlswithgluten on photos of their juicy burgers, thick plates of pasta, and half-eaten cheesy, greasy pizzas.

Girls With Gluten

This account is more than just pictures of women eating. It represents this new era of ours called the “snackwave” generation. This term was coined by the blog The Hairpin as the “Internet phenomenon of young women and teenage girls expressing an obsession with snack foods.”

The media used to praise women for their lefty-greens-over-everythang type diets. Now, women can eat their carb-loaded foods in public with no shame — and even though foods like burritos, ramen and grilled cheese are technically full meals, we’ll let it slide if eaten:

• Alone with your pet
  • In front of your computer
  • In your bed
  • With your best girlfriends
Girls With Gluten

In the snackwave generation, women are being applauded for their honesty and pride of chowing down on their carb-filled cravings. In fact, they’re celebrated by a good portion of society, or at the very least, Girls with Gluten’s 60k followers on Instagram.

I mean, real talk, when else in history has it been cool and trendy to have food printed on clothing? Now, we put taco emojis in our Insta bios, our Pinterest accounts includes recipe boards, and the hashtag #foodporn is one of the most popular hashtags ever used. It’s now acceptable for major movie stars like Jennifer Lawrence to announce on the red carpet that she wants pizza…

Girls With Gluten

…or for you to share your latest ice cream venture on Snapchat because you know what, we do care. The growing popularity of blogs, Instagram accounts and websites that create content by foodies for fellow foodies like Spoon University, BuzzFeed Tasty, and Tastemade are sending our blood pressure skyrocketing and changing our culture into one filled with proud snackers.

Let’s face it, we’re giving less of a sh*t about what others think of us. So go ahead, order the large fries if you want, indulge in pasta once in a while, and splurge on guac (even though it’s extra).