Social experiments are meant to put forth the bitter harsh reality of everyday life that we have very conveniently accepted as “normal”. Just because we have accepted something as part of our life doesn’t mean that it is right. The thing about these experiments is that they will capture the reality in its rawest form and intend to surprise (rather shock) you every single time. And so we need more of such social experiments to occasionally give us an insight into the “real” world.

How would you react if a seemingly “well-off”, appropriately dressed stranger asked you for a bite of your meal? This experiment conducted on a busy NYC street shows just what is wrong with our moral system.The protagonist asks around people for food and not one individual agrees to share.

Homeless

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

He then offers a box of pizza to a homeless man on the street.

Homeless

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

But something unique happens when he asks that homeless man for a bite. You would be surprised to see how this video ends.

Let your eyes do the rest. See for yourself.

This is not the only experiment that will leave you baffled. Check out another experiment where in a child goes around asking for a lighter to smoke.

Its strange that social experiments aim to capture the reality and yet it always tends to leave us in a state of shock.

Here is the message the experiment tries to put across.

Homeless

Photo courtesy of youtube.com