It’s time to admit something to yourself: you’re obsessed with your phone. It’s totally okay, I can admit it too. I love my phone. My mom and dad constantly get on me for needing to have it on me 24/7. Whether it’s sneaking texts under the restaurant table or having it tucked in the waistband of my pants, my phone controls my life.

Free Food

I know I’m not alone in this situation. As Millennials, our lives are dictated by technology. That’s an amazing and terrible thing at the same time. Our opportunities are limitless, however, we do miss out on important things.

Pulling out your cell phone in huge lecture classes is just too tempting to pass up. We’re all guilty of it, and I am probably the biggest offender, whether I’d like to admit it or not.

Sometimes I justify it as “my professor will put the notes online” or “I already know how to do this.” No matter what, I find myself constantly being distracted by my iPhone and losing valuable class time. To be honest you’re probably reading this on your phone trying to get through a boring class, but it’s okay I’m not judging (okay, maybe a little bit).

Free Food

Pocket Points is changing the game when it comes to using your phone in class. This app simply rewards students for not using their phone during class. All you need to do is open the application while you’re on campus, lock your phone and earn points. SERIOUSLY. It’s that easy.

Free Food

Photo courtesy of wayup.com

The longer your phone is locked, the more points you earn. The more points you earn, the better rewards you get. It’s a win-win situation. You’re basically getting paid with free things to pay attention in class. What college student doesn’t love free things?!?! Especially when you go through your monthly allowance in the first two weeks and are totally broke.

Free Food

Now, are you ready to hear the best part? Pocket Points is nationally recognized so not only do the points you earn at school get you sweet deals and free food in your college town, they are also valid in any participating city.

Rewards vary from online websites to chain and local restaurants. Some of the partnering companies of Pocket Points are Buffalo Wild Wings, Moe’s Southwest Grill, Chick-fil-A and Subway to name a few.

Free Food

Whether you need some extra motivation to PUT DOWN the phone and ENGAGE in class or you just want some free stuff, Pocket Points is the app for you. Thank you in advance, Pocket Points.

Free Food