If you live in the Raleigh-Durhman-Chapel Hill Triangle and don’t already know about Triangle Foodie Adventures, listen up.

The Tri Foodies are a group of food lovers (much like yourself) who are on a mission to find the best eats the Triangle has to offer. On their adventures, they review and share their top finds, providing you with tons of restaurants to try, and of course, great #foodporn posts to increase your Insta game.

foodie

Photo courtesy of @trianglefoodieadventures on Instagram

Scrolling through the Tri Foodies’ Instagram will have you drooling like a dog, and sometimes dropping everything you’re doing to go to a featured restaurant.

The Tri Foodies partner with local restaurants for Foodie Adventure Dinners, which allow guests to try six courses of the chefs’ best dishes at a lower cost than what would be typical for this type of event. For all you foodies out there, it’s basically a dream come true.

foodie

Part of the Tri Foodie’s mission is to pay special attention to locally-owned restaurants and visionary chefs in order to help small businesses succeed and put a spotlight on the hardworking people who are behind the scenes of the making of your food. They know that small, local restaurants are in huge competition with bigger chains, so the Tri Foodies want to promote these lesser-known spots and the excellent food they’re producing.

foodie

Photo courtesy of trifoodies.com

From highlighting these food spots on their website, Facebook, and Instagram, the Tri Foodies have increased several small restaurants’ popularity while allowing guests to try new foods, meet new people, and talk with the chefs behind the scenes. The dinner events offer a different sort of restaurant experience than one would normally get, and after my Foodie Adventure at b.good in Raleigh, I can attest that I walked away with a higher appreciation of the restaurant, as well as a happy stomach.

foodie

Tessa Nguyen, the curator of the Triangle Foodie Adventures, says that food is an emotional experience for people. Food is communal and familial, and the Tri Foodies establish that during their dinner events. “It all comes down to having fun,” Nguyen said.

Currently, the Tri Foodies are aiming to become the biggest food blog in the Southeast. Along with the Triangle, they are established in Charlotte, NC, St. Augustine, FL, and Jacksonville, FL, where they got their start in 2013.

If you’re ever in the Triangle area and don’t know where to eat, go to the Tri Foodies — they’re sure to have a place or two in mind.