Is there anything better than wrapping your hands around a steaming cup of coffee on a cold day? I look forward to my daily coffee no matter the weather, but a hot latte on a freezing day certainly adds an extra level of comfort! When I travel, I love exploring different coffee shops because not only does it fuel my caffeine addiction, but also it helps me meet locals and learn about the culture. Here are five cities every coffee lover should travel to this winter. 

California

Los Angeles

Los Angeles will probably be the warmest city for a winter vacation on this list, so visit if you want to enjoy an iced latte, like the infamous Almond Macadamia Latte at G&B made with homemade almond-macadamia milk. This latte is known as one of the best iced lattes in America, according to the New York Times. G&B is located in Grand Central Market, downtown Los Angeles' indoor market with booths not only selling coffee like at G&B, but also selling fresh produce and delicious meals.

Sacramento

Sacramento is one of the most underrated coffee-serving cities on this list!  Temple Coffee is a coffee shop that ethically sources and deliciously roasts their own beans. They teach classes open to anyone, with topics such as how to brew the best cup of joe at home, how to prepare espresso and identify flavor notes, and even how to become a barista. I took the espresso class and walked away buzzing with both excitement and caffeine! You can also take cute pictures in front of their coffee wall (shown above) because you will of course want to post vacation pics on Instagram!

San Francisco

Sightglass is many locals' favorite coffee shop in San Francisco. There is even a Sightglass coffee pop-up in the MOMA, which allows you to grab a cup of coffee and then wander the museum admiring all the stunning, creative art! Sightglass offers coffee beans from all over the world, including Colombia, Ethiopia, Honduras, Kenya, and Nicaragua, so even if you can't afford to travel everywhere, you can at least travel via your cup of coffee! Also, be sure to stop by their flagship location to customize your own delicious affogato at their affogato bar!  

Oregon 

Portland

Stumptown Coffee has made a name for itself far beyond Portland, but Portland is its birthplace! Stumptown Coffee roasts their beans daily and has perfected the art of the roast, as evidenced in each cup of coffee they serve. You might also recognize the distinctly delectable taste of Stumptown coffee from Los Angeles's famous coffee brand Alfred, who sources their coffee from Stumptown.

Washington 

Seattle

You have probably seen a La Marzocco espresso machine before, whether at a large coffee chain like Starbucks (which originally started in Seattle!) or even a small, local coffee shop. This espresso machine company, originating in Italy, has led the worldwide espresso machine industry with insightful innovations for almost 100 years! The La Marzocco Cafe in Seattle demonstrates the power of these machines to make an incredible latte, and you won't want to miss it! 

Exploring new coffee shops in different cities is a fun activity you can do alone or with a friend! No matter if you go solo or with your squad, and no matter which city you visit, your getaway will surely be fueled by adventure and caffeine!