With New Year's Eve right around the literal corner, it's time that you start preparing for it. Don't be like me and save everything to the last minute, cause quite frankly, that's just not a smart thing to do. If you're stuck on ideas on what the actual fu*k to do, it's safe to say that you're going to benefit from this article... so keep on reading, silly goose. 

Food

Aldi Earth Grown Chickenless Patties/Tenders

A 2019 Product of the Year award winner, these chickenless products can be found at Aldi and retail for $3.29 per pack. Both the tenders and the patties are soy based vegetarian options that contain no artificial colors or preservatives.

Lean Cuisine Origins

Another 2019 Product of the Year winner, Lean Cuisine Origins just so happens to be a new line of 14 meatless comfort recipes made with organic ingredients. Each box retails for $3.69 at Target and there are two vegan options, which include Coconut Chickpea Curry and Sicilian-Style Pesto with Lentil Pasta. 

Snacks

Loacker's Quadratini

Liz Abere

If you're at all familiar with Nutella, then it's safe to say that you'd like Loacker's Quadratini due to the similarity in the flavor that we all know and love as hazelnut. Coming in flavors known as chocolate, hazelnut, vanilla, lemon, espresso, cappuccino, cocoa and milk, Loacker's Quadratini retail anywhere from $4.49 to $5.49 for 220 grams of product, which comes in a swanky bag. 

Gold Emblem Abound Bite-Sized Quinoa

In short, these are rice cakes with a quinoa twist to them. They retail for $2.79 at CVS and are whole grain, gluten free, and contain little cholesterol. Not to mention that these bad boys just so happen to be a 2019 Product of the Year award winner.

Drinks

Tanteo Tequila Sparkling Margarita

Liz Abere

Ingredients for said Sparkling Margarita include:

Two ounces of Tanteo® Blanco TequilaOne ounce of Sparkling Wine or Club Soda3/4 ounce of Fresh Lemon Juice3/4 ounce of Agave Nectar

Directions: Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice Stir well and strain into a chilled Coupe Glass. Garnish with a lemon twist

Woodford Reserve Bring Back Black Manhattan (Created by Erica Gantt, Savannah, Georgia)

Liz Abere

Ingredients for Woodford Reserve's Bring Back Black Manhattan include:

1.5 part(s) of Woodford Reserve Bourbon.75 part(s) of Dumangin Ratafia de Champagne.5 part(s) of Barolo Cocchi ChiantoTwo dash(es) of 18.21 Aromatic Prohibition Bitters

Directions: Add all measured ingredients to a mixing glass. Ice should be added (enough to cover the liquid), stir the cocktail until gently diluted. Strain with a julep strainer into coupe glass. Express an orange peel over the top. Garnish with a Woodford Reserve Bourbon cherry. 

Seagram’s Vodka Brunchy Bubbly Berry Pineapple Mimosa (Courtesy of Beautiful Booze)

Liz Abere

Ingredients for this Brunchy Bubbly Berry Pineapple Mimosa include:

Two ounces of Seagram’s Pineapple½ ounce of strawberry syrup½ ounce of lemon juiceTop with champagneGarnish with strawberry and citrus peel

Directions: Add everything to a shaker except the champagne. Shake then strain into champagne glass. Top with champagne and garnish with strawberry and citrus peel.

A Proper Sweet Victory (Created by Nick Fogel, Beverage Director, The Late Late Bar & Spirit Grocer)

Liz Abere

Ingredients fro A Proper Sweet Victory include:

1 ounce of Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey.75 oz of Lillet Blanc.75 oz of Lavender SyrupTop with Sparkling WineGarnish Lavender BranchLavender SyrupTwo cups of waterTwo cups of white sugar Three Lemon TwistsThree tsp of Loose Cooking Lavender

Directions: Combine in a sauce pan and simmer for 10 min. Allow to cool then strain into a glass bottle.