With so many options, the frozen aisle at Trader Joe’s can get a little overwhelming. There are always over a dozen flavors of Trader Joe's ice cream, not to mention other frozen desserts.

According to my research, there are currently 17 full time Trader Joe's ice cream and non-dairy frozen desserts available. And that’s not even including the limited edition ice creams that are always coming and going.

I’ve taken the liberty of ranking each option that’s currently in their freezers, so you don’t have to make a wild guess at what flavor to pick up next. 

17. Strawberry Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert

Dead last is a hard spot for this first Trader Joe’s ice cream, but when you put it in perspective, it’s still head and shoulders above its competitors.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of strawberry ice cream, but the complement of coconut flavor from the coconut milk makes it better than your average strawberry ice cream. 

16. Frozen Vanilla Greek Fat-Free Yogurt

If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to ice cream, this is a good option. Personally, I think it’s a little lacking in the flavor department. If you like the tang of Greek yogurt, you’ll like this one because it shines through the light vanilla flavor.

15. Light Vanilla Ice Cream

Another healthier version of traditional vanilla ice cream, this one doesn’t have that weird tartness from the Greek yogurt. It does, however, have a slightly icy texture due to the low fat content that I think takes away from the flavor. 

14. Soy Creamy Vanilla Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert

Next up in Trader Joe’s lineup of vanilla frozen treat options is this flavor that’s great for vegans and those with dairy sensitivities. The 'creamy' in the name is no misnomer. Despite the lack of dairy, this flavor will blow you away in the texture department. 

13. Super Premium French Vanilla Ice Cream

This vanilla flavor has the most calories, but they’re well worth it in my option. The vanilla flavor is the richest and the mouth feel is the creamiest of all the Trader Joe’s flavors, I think. If you’re a fan of vanilla ice cream, you won’t want to miss this. 

12. Organic Vanilla Fudge Chip

This flavor is a step up from your traditional chocolate chip ice cream. The fudge chips are a nice added crunch that melt and coat your tongue in creamy chocolate.

As an added bonus, all the ingredients are 100% organic, so you’re not flooding your body with additives that those other ice cream brands are full of. 

11. Chocolate Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert

Because this flavor is made with coconut milk, it’s infused with the slightest hint of coconut that goes really well with the rich chocolate.

The only thing that this frozen dessert is missing is the creamy decadence that you can only get from true dairy ice cream. But, with great flavor, this is a great option if you’re avoiding dairy

10. Soy Creamy Chocolate Cherry Chip Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert

Chocolate and cherries are almost as classic a flavor combination as chocolate and peanut butter or sea salt and caramel.

This soy, creamy base will leave you questioning why you were ever so attached to ice cream in the first place. You’ll get cherries and chocolate chips in every bite, no searching for chunks required. 

9. Ultra Chocolate Ice Cream

Out of all the Trader Joe’s ice creams with chocolate, this one takes the trophy for the richest chocolate flavor. The base is super creamy, but even if it wasn’t I wouldn’t mind because it takes almost like eating a straight chocolate bar. And I’m all for that. 

8. Coffee Bean Blast Ice Cream

This ain’t your traditional coffee ice cream that has a faint hint of watered-down coffee flavor. TJ’s leaves no question of the flavor by adding brewed Colombian coffee in addition to ground french roast coffee beans, resulting in a bold and intense flavor that will open your eyes at night. 

7. Mint Chip Ice Cream

The super premium label on this ice cream assures that the base will be thick, rich, and creamy. It’s not overchurned with a ton of air like some other brands. Plus, you’re getting real, fresh mint flavor with none of the fake added coloring or artificial ingredients that many other mint ice creams rely on. 

6. Peanut Butter Tracks Ice Cream

This ice cream features a handful of delicious Trader Joe’s classics that come together to make one of my favorite ice cream flavors.

It starts with the super premium French vanilla ice cream. Then, mini peanut butter cups that make Reese’s seem like an amateur candy are swirled in, along with caramel. It’s a whole sundae in one scoop. 

5. Salted Caramel Gelato

This dessert combines the classic flavor combination that everyone already loves, sea salt and caramel, with gelato. It’s denser, richer, and creamier than traditional ice cream, but it’s still lower in fat and calories. It’s a win-win dessert choice. 

4. Golden Caramel Swirl in French Vanilla & Chocolate Ice Cream

This decadent flavor combines two of Trader Joe’s richest ice creams to begin with, Ultra Chocolate Ice Cream and Super Premium French Vanilla Ice Cream.

Then, it ties them together with a caramel swirl. It’s like neapolitan ice cream without the strawberry that everyone avoids anyway. 

3. Cookie Butter Ice Cream

I’m a huge fan of the biggest chunks possible in my ice cream, but with this decadent base, I agree that they’re not totally necessary.

Even so, TJ’s overdoes itself with pieces of cookies along with plenty of Speculoos cookie butter swirled through TJ’s rich vanilla ice cream. 

2. Kona Coffee Cookie Mocha Swirl Ice Cream

The newest addition to TJ’s repertoire of ice creams, this dessert is one you won’t want to miss. The huge chunks of Kona coffee shortbread cookie mix perfectly with the decadent mocha fudge swirl and creamy, rich ice cream for a full dessert in one scoop. No toppings necessary.

1. Joe-Joe’s ’n Cream

Cookies and cream is my all-time favorite flavor of ice cream and I never get it anywhere besides Trader Joe’s. After trying this flavor, with huge chunks (I’ve found whole cookies in there before) and thick, creamy vanilla ice cream, I’m disappointed every time I eat cookies and cream ice cream from anywhere else. 

Seasonal Flavors

Although they’re not available year-round, the pumpkin ice cream and peppermint Joe Joe’s ice cream flavors are arguably the best in TJ’s repertoire. 

1. Pumpkin

The pumpkin ice cream is the number one fall seasonal product that I look forward to every year. It’s best on top of a warm slice of pumpkin bread

2. Peppermint Joe Joe's

For the peppermint joe joe’s ice cream, try breaking up some peppermint bark on top for added chocolatey decadance, although with those giant joe joe’s chunks, you don’t really need it. 

3. Jingle Jangle

It’s basically anything you could ever want from an ice cream. The only thing that’s lackluster is the actual ice cream base, which is a little icy. 

4. Mango and Cream

The final seasonal flavor that I want to mention is Mango and Cream. It’s a departure from TJ’s usual fall and winter specialty items, but that doesn’t mean it’s lacking in flavor. The mango tastes fresh and the cream is decadent in this frozen treat.

Ice Cream Treats

I also wanted to give a quick shout-out to Trader Joe’s for getting creative with single serving ice cream desserts. If you often have issues with portion control (no, a pint is not one serving), try out one of TJ’s mochi ice cream bites or mini ice cream sandwiches. 

There are many options to choose from, everything from green tea mochi and coffee mochi with a mocha sauce center to classic chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches and mini ice cream cones dipped in chocolate. 

Discontinued Flavors

Unfortunately for many Trader Joe’s fanatics, they sometimes have to discontinue flavors that no longer sell as well or go out of style.

Pecan Pie

One of which was pecan pie ice cream. This was a true loss. It featured huge chunks of the classic southern pie in rich, creamy vanilla ice cream. 

Matcha Green Tea

Just recently, Trader Joe’s issued a recall of their matcha ice cream. It’s a fairly new flavor, but it’s quickly become a classic due to its refreshing flavor. Hopefully, it will be back soon. 

The length of this article probably gives you some indication of my addiction to Trader Joe’s ice cream. As with all Trader Joe’s products, it’s cheap and made from quality ingredients. But it’s the flavor that keeps me coming back for another scoop.

Which Trader Joe’s ice cream is your favorite?