Valentine's Day; it's that day of the month where there's an emphasis on romance... something that I'm a total stranger to. Not only is it next Friday, it's one of the most popular days to go out to eat; you know, as part of a date. If you're struggling to figure out where to eat next week, have no fear; OpenTable has got your back with the 100 most romantic restaurants in all of America.

The restaurants themselves:

exterior, alcohol, Restaurant, Bar, wine, beer, Drinking, Drinks
Denise Uy

If you think that I'm going to be typing out all 100 of the most romantic restaurants that are out on the market for Valentine's Day, you're crazy. But, if you're interested in checking them out for yourself, here you go. The thing is, today, February 4th, just so happens to be the busiest day of the year for making reservations for Valentine's Day; a whole 10 days ahead of the holiday itself. 

Here's the deal with the 100 restaurants; the 100 restaurants revered by OpenTable diners as the most ideal date night spots span 31 states, fromConnecticut to California. Each year, the list is curated from over 80 million diner reviews of more than 30,000 restaurants across all 50 states and Washington, DC.

When it comes to which states have the most romantic restaurants, Illinois boasts the highest number of restaurants, with an impressive 12 options. Next up would be California and Pennsylvania, with eight romantic restaurants each. 

Everything else to know

beer, coffee, tea
Becky Hughes

According to Jessica Jensen, Senior Vice President of Marketing at OpenTable, “We craft this list every year to help diners looking for inspiration for the most popular date night of the year; whether it’s a special night with your significant other, a girl’s night out, or your first outing with someone new, these restaurants have passed the test of setting the table for exceptional ambience and an incredible meal.” Gotta keep the romance up somehow, am I right? 

When it comes to making the actual reservations themselves, thoughtful diners in Alabama, Hawaii, Idaho, and Kentucky booked date nights the farthest in advance, with the highest rates of reservations booked at least 21 days before Valentine’s Day.

With Valentine's Day being a mere 10 days away, it's time to get those reservations in; unless you're going to bank on making a same-day reservation like some people do, and if that's going to be you, then I wish you all of the luck in the world.