Do you enjoy samosas? Iced darjeeling tea? Aloo gobi? Helping girls in India pursue their education? Then A Taste of India dinner, and Dr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party, may be the place for you.

Part of a monthly series called The Learning Tea, A Taste of India dinner is a delightful change of pace from the Southern and American food so often associated with Atlanta.

Not only are you given the opportunity to learn about traditional Indian cuisine in the best way possible: eating it, but you also are able to support impoverished young Indian girls raise money for their college educations. This is especially moving as many of these girls have experienced forced labor, abandonment and sex trafficking.

india

Photo courtesy of The Learning Tea.

Dr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party, the cozy cafe-style tea shop where the dinner is held, donates all of the profits from A Taste of India and from used-book sales (only $1 each!) to this Lifetime Scholarship Fund.

If you haven’t been hooked by the promise of delicious food or a good cause, perhaps you will be interested in knowing how adorable and convenient Dr. Bombay’s is. Located in the hipster stretch near Candler Park more formally known as Inman Park, Dr. Bombay’s Underwater Tea Party is only 12 minutes from campus so there is no excuse for you not to visit at least once.

As you would guess from it’s name, this tea shop is both quirky and full of heart. Even if Indian food isn’t your thing, you should definitely check this place out during regular hours for their delicious high tea and snacks.

india

Photo courtesy of The Learning Tea.

The next A Taste of India dinner is on March 30th. This is not an event you’ll want to miss.

india

Photo courtesy of The Learning Tea.