The summer weather is fast approaching, and there’s no better way to cool off than with Zoku’s Slush and Shake Maker. In 3 easy steps you can make a refreshing slushy or milkshake.

Here’s what to do:

1. Remove the inner core from the outer sleeve and place it upright in the freezer for 8-18 hours. (Tip: I always keep it in my freezer, so it’s ready to go when I want to make something quick.)

slush and shake

Photo by Elizabeth Emery

2. Remove the inner core from the freezer and place it inside the outer sleeve. The outer sleeve keeps your hands from getting frostbite and prevents condensation from dripping all over your furniture.

slush and shake

Photo by Elizabeth Emery

3. Pour your chilled beverage of choice up to the fill line and mix with spoon. Let sit, while periodically scraping the walls of the cup. (Tip: If you want to add candy, fruit, nuts or alcohol make sure to do it after your slushy or milkshake is formed. Alcohol especially will make it hard for the slushy to form.)

slush and shake

Photo by Elizabeth Emery

After a short 7 minutes, I had a delicious ginger limeade slush. Now the question is: do I add tequila or not? A few of my favorite concoctions are margaritas and iced coffee. Get creative! Have a favorite juice or alcoholic beverage? Throw it in and see what happens.