When Toby Keith belts “Red Solo Cup,” ya’ll don’t lift soda-filled cups in the air. When Sammy Adams belts the lyrics to “All Night Longer,” we don’t chug an Arnold Palmer. And when “Blame It (On The Alcohol)” hit the airwaves, people didn’t sing along totally sober. Going to a party in college without alcohol present is as rare as JoJo picking anyone but Jordan on The Bachelorette. 

Sometimes though, you just want to have a sober, but still Snapchat-worthy night out. Whether it’s a sugar rush or feeling like you’re a kid again, non-alcoholic beverages can still get you feeling hype. Think outside the boozy box and have these drinks ready for that next rager.

1. Nutella Milkshake

party drinks

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

This milkshake includes the three major dessert food groups: Nutella, bananas, and ice cream. Easy to make and even easier to slurp down in record timing, make this frozen drank and jam to “Milkshake” while you’re at it.

#SpoonFact: Did you know the singer behind the early-2000s hit has never made a milkshake

2. Butterbeer

party drinks

Photo by Darcy Graham

Harry Potter-themed party or not, Butterbeer is a drink that’ll bring any muggles together. There are many different versions of this Three Broomsticks signature, allowing you to spike it or keep it virgin.

3. Frozen Hot Chocolate

party drinks

Photo by Kristi Cook

Think hot chocolate is just for snowy nights snuggled on the couch with a good movie lineup? Think again, because although that’s ideal for the hot version, FHC is the way to go for a party. Simple enough to make in big batches, cozy enough to make everyone happy.

4. Virgin Mojito

party drinks

Photo by Renee Chiu

I don’t know about you, but mojitos aren’t the first drink option you see when entering a college party. Liquor is expensive, so understandably buying it in bulk is more so. But you can have the best of both worlds with this refreshing alternative that’s all of the fancy, none of the hangover.

5. Psychedelic Smoothie

party drinks

Photo by Alexandra Miminis

Basic smoothies step aside, there’s a new 90s drink in town. This lava lamp-inspired concoction might be best for smaller shindigs, but is still worth the effort nonetheless. It’s sure to have your guests fawning over your rainbow layering skillz.

6. Blackberry Lemonade Cooler

party drinks

Photo by Phoebe Melnick

Why have plain old lemonade when you can have it’s cooler, modern twin? Shake it up with these creations that are so good, people at those rowdy darties won’t even know there’s no alcohol in them.

7. Frozen Matcha Green Tea Smoothie

party drinks

Photo by Stephanie Nguyen

Brunch is basically a synonym for party if you ask me, especially with Mimosas and Bloody Marys on the table. Put a healthy spin on brunch drinks with this creamy Matcha smoothie that has as many antioxidants as the “thank you’s” you’ll be receiving from your friends.

8. Kombucha Slushie

party drinks

Photo by Stephanie Gaudreau

Two ingredients and too cool for school, this Kombucha drink blends the fermented tea trend with fruit for a slushie your party guests will enjoy and remember.

9. Red, White and Blue Soda

party drinks

Photo by Mira Nguyen

Soda has been gracing party tables since our elementary school days, and just because we’ve graduated from “toddler” to “turn up” doesn’t mean the soda needs to be spiked. This patriotic version gives it a colorful kick with Kool-Aid while still tasting fresh.

10. Peach Iced Tea

party drinks

Photo by Claire Waggoner

No matter what people say, iced tea is perfect for any season. We all know how hot parties can be, even in the dead of winter, and this is the quencher to have handy.

Party drinks don’t always have to include a pounding headache in the A.M., so get your friends together and turn up sober. Maybe you won’t be cheering to “Blame It,” but you’ll be the one cranking “I Ain’t Sorry.”