Soufflés are incredibly difficult to make, or at least that’s what people think. Personally, I think this is the easiest recipe in my collection because it hardly requires any prep and consistently turns out delicious. I used to make this recipe at home all the time, usually around 12am when I really wanted something warm and chocolate-y. Most people say you have to be exceptionally delicate with soufflés, but this recipe is pretty foolproof. Sometimes I would even break the cardinal rule of soufflés and crack the oven open an inch to take a peak, but they would always turn out heavenly, especially topped with whipped cream.

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Servings: 2

2 eggs
1/2 cup Nutella (you don’t have to be super precise)

Nutella Souffle

Photo by Alex Furuya

Directions:

1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.

2. Put the Nutella in a small bowl.

3. Separate the eggs, mix the yolks with the Nutella and put the egg whites in a separate bowl.

Nutella Souffle

Photo by Alex Furuya

Nutella Souffle

Photo by Alex Furuya

4. Whip the egg whites until they hold stiff peaks, but not too much or they will start to separate. You can add a teaspoon of sugar or a pinch of cream of tartar to help stabilize the whites and prevent over-beating.

Nutella Souffle

Photo by Alex Furuya

Nutella Souffle

Photo by Alex Furuya

5. Mix 1/3 of the whipped egg whites into the Nutella mixture. This is called sacrificing and it lightens the chocolate mixture, making it easier to fold in the rest of the whites.

Nutella Souffle

Photo by Alex Furuya

6. Add the remaining egg whites into the Nutella and gently fold with a spatula until incorporated– it’s ok if there are a few streaks.

Nutella Souffle

Photo by Alex Furuya

7. Pour the mixture into a buttered ramekin, or oven-safe ceramic mug.

8. Cook for 15 minutes.

Nutella Souffle

Photo by Alex Furuya

9. Eat ASAP, with whipped cream

If you have even more chocolate cravings, check out these articles:

This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is Definitely the Most Delicious Way to Eat your Veggies 

Tiffin Bars

6 Ways to Spice Up your Hot Chocolate