Presented by Spoon University x Bed Bath & Beyond

Whether you’re moving into your first apartment or you lucked out and scored a dorm with a kitchen this semester, stocking this space can feel overwhelming. A lot goes into a kitchen, from appliances to dishes, so we curated the ultimate list to take the stress out of this shopping experience. You can thank us (and Bed Bath & Beyond!) later. Happy kitchen stocking!

Spoon University

• madesmart® Basic Expandable Silverware Tray - Nothing is more chaotic than a mixed-up drawer of silverware. With this sectioned tray, you’ll be adulting in your kitchen in no time.

• iDesign® Forma® Over the Cabinet 9.25-Inch Towel Bar in Stainless Steel - If you’re always reaching for a paper towel when doing dishes, you need this. It keeps a dish towel always within reach so you can be more sustainable in your first kitchen. 

• iDesign™ Stackable Clear Cabinet Bin - These bins are kitchen game-changers. I love using them to store things like snacks and coffee pods. Try these, too, for a similar organization in your fridge.

• Rubbermaid® TakeAlongs® 3-Count Rectangle Food Containers with Lids - I firmly believe a kitchen can never have too many storage containers. This size is great for lunch or salads!

• OXO Good Grips® Smart Seal 12-Piece Container Set in Clear/Blue - If you haven’t caught on yet, I love storage containers. These smart seal containers have the most satisfying snap when you close them.

• Stasher Silicone Reusable Food Storage Bags - I was hesitant at first, but these reusable bags are amazing and so easy to clean. I love how I’m lowering my impact on the environment by using these to store snacks and veggies.

• Umbra®  U Dry Drying Rack with Mat in Charcoal - If you don’t have a dishwasher in your first kitchen (no worries, neither did I!), this drying mat is a must. Pair it with this dish rack to keep your washing organized and sanitary. The neutral color also pairs well with any kitchen style.

• simplehuman® Touchless Sensor Soap/Sanitizer Pump - This may seem like a treat-yo-self type of purchase because it is. But let me tell you, it’s totally worth it. No more messy soap pumps at your sink!

Spoon University

• Keurig® K-Mini Plus™ Single Serve K-Cup® Pod Coffee Maker in Black - I firmly believe no kitchen is complete without a Keurig. Plus, this one comes in fun colors, like Cardinal Red and Teal. Coffee has never been so easy - or so cute!

• Black + Decker™ 1.7-Liter Rapid Boil Electric Kettle in Grey - If you’re more of a tea person, an electric kettle will be your new best friend. Plus, it comes in handy when you want to whip up a quick cup of ramen or oatmeal.

• SodaStream® Fizzi™ Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit in Black - If you’re always reaching for a can of seltzer, building out your new kitchen is the perfect excuse to invest in a SodaStream. You’ll never be out of seltzer, ever again! 

• Magic Bullet® 11-Piece Personal Blender and Mixer Set in Silver - Don’t even get me started on how much I love my Magic Bullet. Since my freshman year of college, I’ve had mine and it’s traveled with me to my first kitchen and now lives in my second apartment’s kitchen. Smoothies, soups, dips, you name it -- it blends it.

• Black & Decker™ 2-Slice Toaster in Black - A classic, but a necessity. Sliced bread, bagels, and frozen waffles, make sure you have one of these on your counters to toast them up!

• Oster 0.7 cu. ft. Stainless Steel Microwave Oven - Another essential: the microwave. I once lived in an apartment without a microwave for a few months, and it was a few months too long. (Don’t worry, I bought this one from Bed Bath & Beyond and it quenched my craving for microwave popcorn.)

• Dash® 2 qt. Compact Air Fryer - I love this air fryer because not only is it a fun pop of color (like Aqua!) it has a small footprint, so you can have one in any kitchen! My go-to air fryer recipe? Crispy fries, duh! But, real talk: the recipe options are truly endless.

• Crock-Pot® 4 qt. Cook & Carry Slow Cooker - From dips to soups, a slow cooker does the cooking for you, so you have more time to catch up on class, or your fave streaming series.

• Cuisinart® Power Advantage 7-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case in Silver - If you love baking cookies or brownies, this hand mixer will take the arm workout out of the equation. Plus, it’s so easy to clean! Just pop off the whisk attachments and hand wash. Voilà!

• Dash® Mini Waffle Maker  - Brunch has never been more fun! With this three-piece set, you can make everything from breakfast sammies to mini waffles!

• Ember 10 oz. Mug² Coffee Mug - If you’re continually popping your coffee in the microwave to warm it up, you NEED this mug. In the kitchen or on your desk, this is a must-have for every coffee lover. 

• Cuisinart® Nonstick 3 qt. Electric Fondue Set - If you’re a cheese or chocolate lover, you’ll have no regrets on his purchase. For a meal or a snack, you can enjoy fondue any day at home!

Spoon University

• T-fal® Pure Cook Nonstick Aluminum 12-Piece Cookware Set - Needing to stock up on pots and pans can totally feel overwhelming. Definitely grab a cookware set to start yourself off. You’ll get the must-have pots and pans and then can add to your collection as needed.

• Rachael Ray™ Classic Brights Hard Enamel Nonstick 19-Piece Cookware Set - If you’re into a little more color in your kitchen, grab this fun sky blue set. It also comes with food storage containers and measuring cups!

• Cuisinart® Chef's Classic Pro 11-Piece Cookware Set in Stainless Steel - And if you’re a stainless steel fan, this set is incredible. They’re so beautiful and shiny you may want to keep them on your stove permanently as decor!

• Wilton® Advance Select Premium Nonstick™ 6-Piece Bakeware Set - Cookies, banana bread, brownies, and muffins, this is everything you need to accomplish all these sweet goods.

• Pyrex® 19-Piece Glass Bake and Store Set - If you thrive in an organized kitchen, you need this set. They can be used to bake, prep and store all of your meals and ingredients.

• Farberware® 17-Piece Nylon Kitchen Tool and Gadget Set - From serving to measuring, this set is a great starter kit for all of your first kitchen utensil needs. 

• Brookstone Thermocouple Meat Thermometer - To make sure you’re cooking your meat to safe temps, buy a digital thermometer to take the guessing out of your cooking game.

Spoon University

• Zyliss® 3-Piece Knife Set - Every kitchen needs nice, sharp knives. Slicing and dicing have never been easier with this set.

• OXO Good Grips® 2-Piece Cutting Board Set - Now that you have sharp knives, grab a set of nice cutting boards to protect your counters, too!

• SALT™ Microwave Plates - If you’re the queen of reheating leftovers, these plates are for you. They’re literally made to be microwaved with a cool-touch feature so they’re burn-proof!

• DASH® 2-in-1 Spillproof 20 oz. Insulated Tumbler - If you’re like me, you can always use another glass of water. This insulated tumbler will help you reach your hydration goals every day.

• Takeya® Stainless Steel 17 oz. Travel Mug in Onyx - If you’re on the go, keep your drinks hot or cold in this screw-top travel mug.

• Baum Hearth 16-Piece Dinnerware Set in Blush - A nice set of dishwasher safe dishes is a must for your first kitchen. Pick one with bowls, salad, and dinner plates. This set is great because it also comes with matching mugs!

• Dailyware™ Luna 16-Piece Drinkware Set - Grab an assorted glassware set, like this one with tall and short drinking glasses.

• Bagel Biter - If you love bagels as much as I do, this bagel slicer will definitely come in handy. It’s the perfect cut every time. 

• Artisanal Kitchen Supply™ Ghent 20-Piece Flatware Set in Gold Satin - Every kitchen needs a set of cutlery. I love how fun and unique this gold set it.

• Brita® 10-Cup Grand Pitcher - A kitchen MUST! Filter your water with this 10-cup pitcher but don’t forget to stock up on the replacement filters.

• Architec® 12-Inch x 16-Inch Gripperwood™ Gourmet Sheesham Cutting Board - If you love a good cheese board, a wooden board is a must! We also love this set, too!

And there you have it, our ultimate shopping list for your first kitchen! Shop all of these items and more at Bed Bath & Beyond.