I don’t care what part of the country you’re from, but you must be an alien if you don’t eat these foods all summer. These classic warm-weather staples are sure to get your mouth watering before summer comes along.

Disclaimer: These foods may not help anyone’s journey towards the “beach bod”, but your body wants these foods anyway. Now go to the store and start grilling.

1. Watermelon

Photo by Kathleen Lee

If you said you didn’t like watermelon, I wouldn’t believe you. Watermelon will always be there to fulfill your needs when days are humid and hot, and you’re hangry as can be. It’s a mixture of hydration and hunger satiation making it one of the most satisfying fruits on all of Planet Earth.

2. Hot dogs

summer

Photo by Mira Nguyen

Nobody really knows what’s in a hot dog, but do we really care? No matter where you’re from or what rivalries there are regarding toppings (although we all know Chicago-style trumps all,) we can all agree that these dogs are absolutely necessary at any barbecue or ballgame during the summer. Try spiral hot dogs like the one pictured above for an artsy twist on your dog.

3. Ice Cream

summer

Photo courtesy of Jordan Helms

Chocolate. Vanilla. Twist. Sundae. Shake. Nobody judges you for your ice cream preference. You’re only judged if you choose not to get ice cream. What sane person would pass up this sweet goodness on a hot summer day? If you’re looking to take your significant other on a date, you can’t go wrong with a run to your local ice cream stand. Don’t pick something stupid, always choose ice cream.

#SpoonTip: Try the coolest new frozen trend- Liquid nitrogen ice-cream.

4. Potato Salad

Photo courtesy of Google stock photos

Let’s face it, potatoes in general are just an amazing food grown from good ‘ol Mother Earth. In the summer, potato salad is the perfect side to any dish. It can be easily bought pre-made at the grocery store, so you don’t have to break a sweat making it. However, I bet your mom probably makes the best version, so call your mom. Tell her how much you like her potato salad.

5. Corn On The Cob

summer

Photo by Tiare Brown

Especially if you’re from the wholesome midwest, corn on the cob will most likely be served the next time you grill up some food. It’s healthy, but it tastes WAY better slathered in melted butter and salt. If you’re more adventurous, slap on some mayo, cotilla cheese, and cayenne pepper for a taste explosion in your mouth called elote (gracias, Mexico). Make sure you have floss nearby. I promise you there will be corn in between your teeth.

6. Lemonade

summer

Photo by Daniel Shuleman

A summertime staple since childhood, the corner lemonade stands were always handy for making a quick few bucks. This sour drink quenches your tastebuds like no other. Homemade, in juice boxes, or super overpriced; lemonade is always worth it. A little extra appreciation for the fact that it mixes with most types of liquor. No complaints for being able to constantly sip it from breakfast till 2 am. There’s always new ways to spice up your lemonade without alcohol, too. Bonus.

7. Burgers

summer

Photo courtesy of Megan Limanni

All I have to say is burgers and beer. That’s it.

8. Fruit Salad

Photo courtesy of paleoholic.com

Fruit salad is surely the easiest thing to prep on your own. You can pick whatever damn fruit you want. It’s literally all up to you. You can make a fruit salad solely made of bananas. Whatever you want. You do you, man (but may I recommend that you can actually booze-infuse this into summertime happiness?). Freeze the leftovers to easily make smoothies the next day.

9. Shish-kabobs

summer

Photo courtesy of conorbofin.wordpress.com

Shish-kabobs. A mixture of pure joy on a wooden stick. With a vast array of the food pyramid put onto one skewer, the possibilities are completely endless. Each piece of food is intricately sorted into one vast rainbow of deliciousness, and remember what the doctor said– the more colorful the plate the better. Don’t mind if I do, doc.

10. Pickles

summer

Photo by Hannah Peterson

The better, saltier version of the cucumber. Good on sandwiches and hot dogs or just a straight up big kosher dill pickle, your taste buds will be crying for more. Low in calories (unless you prefer your pickles fried) and good for the soul, it’s okay to treat yo’ self with this side staple.

11. Italian Ice

summer

Photo Courtesy of yelp.com

Nothing screams summer quite like the opening of family-run italian ice stands. The sugary flavored ice is always an amazing thirst-quencher on a hot summer day. You can even consider it a healthy snack, since the majority of it is just frozen water. With italian ice and ice cream right at your fingertips, your summer will be bliss.

12. Salad

summer

Photo courtesy of @frostedandfried on Instagram

If you’re trying to watch your beach body this summer, salads are the perfect meal. Many fruits and vegetables are in season during the summer, so you have some of the freshest ingredients at your fingertips. Be careful, though, and make sure to check out these five deceptively unhealthy items that you should never put in your salad. Clean eating has never looked or tasted better.

13. S’mores

summer

Photo by Jordan Helms

Summer nights are the time for bonfires, camping trips, and campfire stories. These are all best accompanied by the classic fire treat, s’mores. This gooey dessert is loved by all ages and is always a night-time hit. Don’t just stick to the original treat this summer, but pimp your s’mores with fun add-ons.

14. Fried Chicken

summer

Photo courtesy of @sassyconfetti on Instagram

Fried chicken is the ultimate summer meal. Whether it is homemade or at your favorite restaurant, summertime is always the best time to eat it. Summer meals are filled with a lot of healthy foods, so you’re allowed to #treatyoself to some fried goodness. If you’re feeling bold, learn how to make fried chicken with Cheetos.

15. Açaí Bowls

summer

Photo by Jordan Helms

The açaí bowl is a huge trend right now, and there is no better time to join the trend than during the warm days of summer. Whether you’re in it for the taste or the Instagram, you can’t go wrong with a beautiful bowl to accompany you at the beach. There’s no better way to eat all of your favorite summer fruits. Plus, you can even make your own bowl right at home.

Now that you’re drooling, put on your favorite swimsuit, play some Sublime, pretend you’re on a beach and eat the hell out of all these foods.

summer