There is a set of unspoken rules one must follow at the gym. One of them is not to be obnoxious, even though a lot of people violate that. Whether they are taking up too much space or making weird noises, they are all equally annoying. Next time you hit up the gym, see if you find any of these people described below. When you do, think of these food pairings and make fun of them to yourself.

The One Who Skips Leg Day: A Slice of Pizza

Gym

Photo courtesy of @newyorkslice on Instagram

We’ve all seen this one. They’re lifting a crazy amount of weight, but it looks like their legs might snap underneath them. Like a piece of pizza, they’re wide at the top and gradually get smaller. Working out is all about balance. Getting crazy strong on your upper body does nothing if you don’t do anything for your lower body. This is one of the classic mistakes people make. They see an area that is lacking and focus completely on it while ignoring the rest of their muscles.

Gym

The Girl Who is Always Killing It on the Treadmill: Peanut Butter

Gym

Photo by Maggie Gorman

Treadmill girl’s food pairing is peanut butter because peanut butter is one of the best foods to eat before running. It has fat, protein, and fiber for sustained energy on your run. You do not have to eat a lot of it to feel full, which helps you not feel bloated as you run. Try these peanut butter protein balls the next time you attempt to take on the treadmill and you will thank me for it.

Gym

Gif courtesy of ruinedchildhood.com

The First-Timer: Turducken

Gym

Photo courtesy of @gatsybyandglitter on Instagram

Like the turducken, a first-timer at the gym has somewhat of an identity crisis. Should I go over to the weights? Should I run on the treadmill first? Am I going to look weird in front of all of these people? Never fear, first-timer: here are some cardio workouts other than running that you can try your first time at the gym. There are plenty of workouts all the over the internet nowadays, but one rule you should follow is to stick to things that you are comfortable with on your first day and then move up from there.

Gym

The One Who Only Goes Once a Year: Diet Soda

Gym

Photo by Natalie Choy

The person who goes to the gym once a year is trying to look healthy (like diet soda), but it’s really not. Don’t get me wrong, there are other ways to work out besides going to the gym, but there are some people who try it once (probably on January 1st) and never go back. It is important to have a consistent workout schedule in order to see results. It takes time for the workouts to take effect, so just be patient and the results will come if you are putting in the work.

Gym

The Girl Squad: Chicken Nuggets

Gym

Photo by Parisa Soraya

The girl squad only travels in a pack, just like chicken nuggets. Chick-en nuggets are always surrounded by many of their buddies because no one wants to eat just one chicken nugget. Working out in a group can be motivating, but make sure you are actually getting stuff done and not just staring at the boy squad of beef cakes. Maybe you and your #girlsquad want to indulge with some copycat Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets after the gym?

Gym

Gif courtesy of officerserpico.tumblr.com

The Guy Who Grunts When He Lifts Things: Big Ol’ Steak

Gym

Photo by Daniel Schulema

“Protein, protein, protein.” These are the limited thoughts of the guy at the gym who is too big for his own good. He eats a diet of strictly meat and nothing else. He goes big at the gym and with his foods, so I had to choose the biggest steak out there, the porterhouse. He does not settle for just one cut of meat, he has to have both the strip steak and the filet. If you are brave enough to strike up a conversation with the beefy guy, impress him with this foolproof way to cook a steak.

Gym

Gif courtesy of reactiongifs.com

The People Who Won’t Stop Checking Themselves Out in the Mirror: Vanilla Extract

Gym

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

The mirrors in the gym are where the narcissists like to hangout. I am talking about the guys and girls who are feeling themselves a little too much and need to tone it down. It is okay to look in the mirror to make sure your form is correct, but if you start flexing and winking at yourself you are taking it too far. Similar to vanilla extract, the people who check themselves out may look and smell pretty sweet, but when you actually get to know them, they turn out bitter. Look for people in the gym who are the opposite, maybe not the best looking on the outside, but amazing on the inside.

Gym

Gif courtesy of neondmc.com