When I walked into Economy Candy Store in New York City, I stumbled across a chocolate bar brand called Milka, which I'd never really seen before. Known for their soft lilac colored packaging and mascot cow named Lila, Milka Chocolate Bars has been around since 1901. Milka recently made an appearance in United States markets when the new Oreo Chocolate Candy Bars were discovered. Intrigued, my friends and I decided to try and rate five of the many chocolate bars that Milka has to offer. 

5. Yogurt

coffee, candy, sweet, chocolate
Katrina Chan

What's Inside: Milk Chocolate Bar With Yogurt Creme Filling

Verdict: When I bit into the chocolate bar, there wasn't a strong taste of the yogurt creme filling until a few seconds later. The tart taste of the yogurt creme filling then overpowered any sweetness of the milk chocolate, which was disappointing. 

Rate: 4/10

4. Milka and LU

cookie, sweet, candy, chocolate
Katrina Chan

What's Inside: Milk Chocolate With LU Cookies

Verdict: This chocolate bar reminded me of the cookies found in any chocolate assortments brought home for the holidays or special occasions. The LU biscuit complemented the milk chocolate and honey taste. The bar had a good balance of sweetness and decent texture. This isn't one of Milka's greatest flavors, but it's not bad by any means. 

Rate: 6/10

3. Bubbly White

chocolate, candy
Katrina Chan

What's Inside: Milk Chocolate Bar With White Chocolate

Verdict: The smell and taste of this chocolate bar reminded me of the White Lindor Truffles. The bar has an airy and bubbly texture that makes the chocolate melt right as it touches your tongue. 

Rate: 8/10 

2. Strawberry Yogurt

sweet, candy, chocolate
Katrina Chan

What's Inside: Milk Chocolate With Strawberry Yogurt Creme Filling

Verdict: This chocolate bar smelled like my childhood favorite snack: Strawberry Pocky. However, unlike Strawberry Pocky, this bar has a yogurt creme filling that has bits of strawberry candy scattered throughout. The candies remind me of the taste of Pop Rocks due to their crunchy texture, but sadly they don't crackle in your mouth. 

Rate: 9.5/10

1. Milka and Chips Ahoy!

candy, chocolate
Katrina Chan

What's Inside: Milk Chocolate With Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Dough Filling

Verdict: The Chips Ahoy! x Milka collaboration will probably be one of my favorite chocolate bars ever. Inside the bar is a chocolate chip cookie dough filling which actually contains little pieces of Chips Ahoy cookies. The cookie dough filling is an amazing alternative for when you're too lazy to visit DŌ Cookie Dough Confections in New York City. 

Rate: 10/10

So the next time you're at a supermarket and spot those iconic lilac wrappers, make sure you pick one up. I guarantee that you'll find something you like, considering the huge number of flavors Milka has to offer. After all, you really can't go wrong with chocolate!