Picture it: you’re on your way to your favorite restaurant in town. You’re in the car with the windows down, screaming the lyrics to a well-known pop song on the radio. You’re probably getting the lyrics all wrong because the only thing you’re thinking of is what you’re going to get to eat and how excited you are to get there.

restaurant

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Let’s be honest, you’ve probably been thinking about this food all day. So after what seems like a lifelong drive, you finally arrive at your desired destination.

restaurant

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

But something is off. The restaurant’s lights are off. It’s sign welcoming you into it’s warm walls full of good smells and tastes are no longer lit. The parking lot is empty. You’re very, very confused, and also hungry.

restaurant

Soon, you’ve come to face the facts. After some online searching you realize that your beloved favorite restaurant has closed it’s doors forever.

restaurant

But who could do such a thing to you? Who is so evil to take away the most cherished thing you have in your life? And with absolutely no warning?

restaurant

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

When your rage is through, you’re overcome with a deep sadness. You feel as if a best friend of yours has died. You need time to grieve.

restaurant

GIF courtesy of funnyordie.com

And now that your favorite restaurant is closed, where are you supposed to go on special occasions with family and friends? Where will you take your significant other on dates? “How will I possibly go on!?”, you’re thinking.

restaurant

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

At this point you’re probably running around the parking lot, screaming and crying and throwing things. But you can’t control yourself. I mean how is anyone supposed to stay calm at a moment like this?

restaurant

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

You then see that a horrible fast food joint will be taking the place of your precious restaurant. You are 100% never stepping foot into it.

restaurant

GIF courtesy of theodysseyonline.com

Obviously whoever thought to do that is an idiot and should not be allowed to make these decisions. And how dare they mess with what you believe to be a sacred part of your life and town.

restaurant

Photo courtesy of lifeandstylemag.com

This just might be the worst day of your entire life. One of your favorite things was just suddenly taken away from you and there was nothing you could do about it. You think you might go into a deep depression because of this.

restaurant

Finally, it’s time to say your goodbyes. You take one last look at the empty restaurant and reflect on all the good memories and glorious foods you had there. No other restaurant will ever be as good or make you as happy.

restaurant

Photo courtesy of nbc.com

When you get back home, you tell your parents the horrible news and they say you’re “overreacting.” As if they could possibly understand what you’re going through at this moment in your life.

restaurant

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

But then they tell you the most amazing news. Apparently, your favorite restaurant has not closed down forever, it has only relocated to another part of town.

restaurant

GIF courtesy of funnyordie.com

You don’t think you’ve ever loved your parents more than you do at this very moment. Or been so relieved. You feel silly thinking they could ever close down such a wonderful establishment in the first place.

restaurant

All of your happiness has been returned back to you and you can’t stop smiling. You’re jumping up and down out of pure joy. It’s like your dog ran away from home only to come running back to you.

restaurant

Photo courtesy of theodysseyonline.com

Now you can hardly contain your excitement for the reopening of the restaurant. You set a countdown on your phone and 5 alarms leading up to the blessed day. You WILL be the first one there when the doors open.

restaurant

Photo courtesy of @ThaMichaelScott on Twitter