Mornings; while they're the bane of one's existence for most people, there are other people like me that have turned into being a morning person... that's something that I'd like to thank my 11 day hospital stay for. While most of us eat breakfast at some point throughout the course of the day, there are still some of us that don't make an effort to consume breakfast. For those of us that do consume breakfast, here's how we can make our mornings just a tad bit better with the help of Tropicana.

Celebrate the mornings with Tropicana and Ellie Kemper

Liz Abere

For those of us that find ourselves in a bit of a rush in the mornings, but still want to eat breakfast, we now have Tropicana on our sides. On the morning of Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020 in my home city of New York, Tropicana and Ellie Kemper celebrated the most epic moment of real brightness – the Manhattanhenge sunrise – by handing out breakfast sandwiches and Tropicana OJ to New Yorkers on their morning commutes. This is all part of Tropicana's new popup, which is tied back to its latest campaign, which is known as “Sip Your Sunshine," which celebrates the modern, authentic, everyday occurrences that bring moments of happiness into our lives – the same brightness that Tropicana has provided for 70 years and is now bringing to a new generation.

What else is there to know?

As I've mentioned above, Tropicana has officially kicked off their new campaign in New York two days ago on the 22nd of this month. Tropicana has teamed up with actress and comedian Ellie Kemper on the corner of 41st Street and 5th Avenue to celebrate one of New York's rarest and brightest moments, which is known as Manhattanhenge; if you're wondering, Manhattanhenge is rare in the sense where the sun rises in perfect alignment with New York's street grid layout. In addition to the amazing view, Tropicana offered complimentary breakfast sandwiches and single-serve Tropicana Pure Premium orange juice to consumers throughout the morning.

Patrick Kalotis, SVP and GM, PepsiCo Juice Portfolio, has stated the following:

"More than ever, people are looking for moments of brightness to enhance their every day; to us, Tropicana is bottled sunshine. That's why we are thrilled to partner with brightness personified, Ellie Kemper, to surprise and delight New Yorkers on a winter morning and recognize this special Manhattanhenge sunrise."

What this means for you is that you can expect pure goodness with your breakfast when consuming any and all of Tropicana's products; and who knows, you too may be surprised with some free food and OJ on your corner at some point in time, too.

In terms of Ellie Kemper, here's what she has to say:

"I try to look for the joy in every situation—both big and small. A simple giggle from my kids can brighten my day in a big way, or even stealing a quiet minute for myself in the morning has tremendous power; I'm thrilled to partner with Tropicana to encourage everyone to cherish those little moments of brightness, and as a New Yorker, what better way than by greeting the Manhattanhenge sunrise?"

In all honesty, I agree with what Ellie Kemper has to say; New York's one of the food capitals in the world, and there's no better way to celebrate a rare day in the city with some great food and some even better orange juice. On that note, go on and go forth and eat some damn breakfast; but only with Tropicana by your side.