Valentine’s Day is coming and you don’t have an S.O. to do sappy things with. No worries, while your coupled-up friends are spending lavish amounts of money to impress their dates, you and your single friends can throw an Anti-Valentine’s Day bash that is sure to be a hell of a lot more fun.

Step 1: Booze

Alcohol is probably the most important factor in any anti-holiday party. There is nothing worse than having to soberly deal with feelings of loneliness on a holiday that was crafted to make people feel incomplete about themselves. So yea, alcohol is a must. But please remember to drink responsibly.

Cranberry Margarita

valentine

Photo by Parker Lutheran

Delight your friends with this twist on the classic margarita. Get the recipe here.

Pomegranate Perfection

valentine

Photo courtesy of Will Cook for Friends

Pomegranates are all the rage, and your guests will understand why with this pleasing recipe.

Cherry Fizz

valentine

Photo by Madison Lucas

Cherry and champagne, you can’t get a better combo than this. Find the recipe here.

Step 2: Dessert

You’re probably wondering why I skipped right to dessert. Well, if you’re single on Valentine’s Day, you don’t have to worry about trying to impress anyone. You can indulge all you want, and no one will judge you. Dessert is the best part of any meal and that’s the truth. Eat all the cake. Eat all the brownies. This is the best time to celebrate your freedom.

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

valentine

Photo by Samantha Cheng

We’re literally combining the three best desserts. Check out the recipe here.

Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries

valentine

Photo by Sristi Pradhan

No holiday (or anti-holiday) party is complete without this classic. Get the recipe here.

Cookies and Cream Blondies

valentine

Photo by Jeanne Penn

If heaven were a dessert, I imagine it would be this. Find the recipe here.

Step 3: Goodie Bags

This night is meant for fun and celebration. Unfortunately, that fun may come with consequences the next morning. Send your guests off with goodie (read: hangover) bags consisting of Gatorade and Tylenol. Trust me, they’ll thank you later.

valentine

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Don’t let mushy couples make you feel alone this Valentine’s Day. By spending the holiday with your best friends by your side, you are proving that love comes in all shapes and forms. And it’s not always romantic, but it should always be celebrated.