National Hot Toddy Day; while you might have not known that it's an actual holiday in the booze world, it's actually right around the corner on January 11th; which is a Saturday this year, so you're probably out getting drunk over brunch anyway. While you're out, you might want to get a hot toddy; or five. If you're not going out, here's how you can celebrate National Hot Toddy Day with the help of Belvedere

Belvedere's Hot Toddy Recipe

Liz Abere

Before digging into the recipe, Belvedere is a vodka... duh, but it just so happens to be the first ultra-premium vodka with zero additives made from 100% Polska Rye that always uses all-natural ingredients.  

Belvedere's 'Hot Toddy' includes the following ingredients:

An ounce (30 milliliters) of Belvedere Vodka

An ounce and a half (45 milliliters) of Hot Water

An ounce (30 milliliters) of French Fortified Wine

Half an ounce (15 milliliters) of Fresh Lemon Juice

Half an ounce (15 milliliters) of Honey

One Cinnamon Stick

Fresh Grated Nutmeg

Orange Wedge

Cloves

In order to make said 'Hot Toddy,' follow the following methodology:

Add hot water to heat glass mug, then honey to melt. Add remaining liquid ingredients. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange wedge and top with freshly grated nutmeg.

#HotToddyProTip: pierce orange wedge with three cloves.

If you're wondering, some other #HotToddyProTips include the following:

1. Usually, a hot toddy is a delicious drink that's made with honey, lemon, hot water and the spirit of your choice; in this case, it's Belvedere. The go-to secret of hot toddies is that they're way easier than other cocktails since all you need is a kettle.

2. When using hot water and a pure spirit such as Belvedere, no fancy smancy syrup is needed; any and all sweeteners will dissolve into the drink with a quick stir when using the all-natural ingredients that are mentioned in the recipe above.

3. The steam from the drink carries all of the aromatics right up into your nose, meaning that any and all ingredients the are dropped into the toddy will immediately come through in the aroma.

Other Must-Try Belvedere Cocktails

If a hot toddy just isn't for you, Belvedere does have some other swanky cocktails that I'd like to bring into existence. 

Winter Crème

Liz Abere

Ingredients for this bad boy include:

An ounce and a half of Belvedere Vodka

Half an ounce of White Crème de Menthe

Half an ounce of coffee liqueur 

The directions include:

Add all ingredients to a strainer. Shake with ice. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with orange peel.

Spacca Tutto

Liz Abere

Ingredients include:

An ounce of Belvedere Vodka

An ounce of Aperol

An ounce of Dry Vermouth

.02 of an ounce of Passionfruit Syrup

The directions include:

Stir all ingredients in a rocks glass over cubed ice to dilute and combine. Garnish with a grapefruit twist and cocktail cherry.

My Way

Liz Abere

Ingredients include:

An ounce of Belvedere Vodka

An ounce of Italicus

An ounce of Lemon Juice

Half an ounce of Egg White

Directions include:

Dry shake then wet shake all ingredients and fine strain into a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with star anise.

Belvedere Thyme Spritz

Liz Abere

Ingredients include:

An ounce of Belvedere Vodka

An ounce of Dry Vermouth

Three cucumber ribbon and one thyme sprig

Directions include:

Combine all ingredients in a Belvedere Spritz glass, filled with ice, top with equal parts of sparkling water and tonic water.

Belvedere Lawn Mower

Liz Abere

Ingredients include:

An ounce and a half of Belvedere Vodka

Four ounces of Fresh Wheat Grass Juice

Soda Water

Directions include:

Add Belvedere Vodka and wheat grass juice to a highball glass. Add ice and a splash of soda water with a straw. Garnish with a finger-length lemon twist.

Belvedere Cucumber Smash

Liz Abere

Ingredients include:

An ounce and a half of Belvedere Vodka

Half an ounce of St. Germain

Half an ounce of Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice

Pinch of Sea Salt

Three cucumber slices

Directions include:

Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Pour contents of shaker into rocks glass and top with additional fresh ice.

Ready to make some cocktails? Same here, and thanks to Belvedere, we're not entirely clueless on what to do and the ingredients needed to make the drinks.