Have you ever bought too many bananas? Or had a bunch that is green for like, a week, then randomly decides to get super ripe overnight? You’ve heard all the classic ideas for saving your bananas – make banana bread, muffins, blah blah blah – but maybe you don’t have time for that or maybe you just want to enjoy the beauty of a banana in it’s purest form. And no one wants to throw them away because food waste is the worst.

bananas from getting too brown

Photo by Sandra Buechler

Well, I have a trick for you.

You can pretty much stop the browning of your bananas by placing them in the fridge.

bananas from getting too brown

Photo by Katherine Baker

Yes, you read that correctly. It’s super easy. Step 1: Pick up bananas. Step 2: Walk to fridge. Step 3: Place in fridge. And viola! Your bananas will stay at their ripeness for quite a few days, even up to a week.

Truly groundbreaking stuff, I know.

bananas from getting too brown

Photo by Ariana Simon

Yes, your bananas will be a little cold when you go to eat them but I promise they will be perfectly fine.

After eating and loving bananas for 25 years of my life, I can say learning this simple trick was one of the most life-changing tidbits of information I’ve acquired in years.

bananas from getting too brown

Photo by Katherine Baker

#SaveTheBananas.

xoxo,

The Banana Girl