Washington DC is home to many mesmerizing buildings—the White House, numerous memorials and museums, the Library of Congress, and so much more. But you may not have known that in addition to these important historical buildings, the nation’s capitol is home to some of the best and most prominent bakeries as well. It’s easy to get overwhelmed in a city like DC, so I’ve created a list to save time for you; these DC bakeries have won a pile of awards and are continuously ranked with high regards by their loyal customers. So next time you’re in the area, make sure you check out these seriously sweet bakeries.

1. Bread Furst

dc bakeries

Photo courtesy of @breadfurst on Instagram

Mark Furstenberg, Bread Furst’s primary baker, has been nominated for numerous awards and his bread is so popular that it’s now sold at Whole Foods markets in numerous locations in the areas surrounding DC. They make 10 different kinds of breads from scratch and have a wide selection of tasty pastries.

2. Baked and Wired

dc bakeries

Photo courtesy of @hmentjes_inchaarg on Instagram

It’s no secret that DC is home to many cupcake shops, but Baked and Wired is definitely one of the best. Its cupcakes have been noted by USA Today, Thrillist, BuzzFeed, Travel+Leisure, and many more publications. Although they’re known for their cupcakes, they have other delicacies that you can and should sample—biscotti, brownies, ice cream sammies, pies, biscuits, and more.

3. Bayou Bakery

dc bakeries

Photo courtesy of @kjorgensen15 on Instagram

The goodies baked by chef David Guas at Bayou Bakery have garnered praise from Food & Wine, Southern Living, Garden & Gun, Saveur and Bon Appétit. Some of Guas’ southern-style desserts include beignets, pralines, scones, and coffee cake.

4. Frenchie’s

dc bakeries

Photo courtesy of @emalestein on Instagram

Frenchie’s is an adored pastry shop that works with local farms and producers to find the freshest ingredients for its loyal customers. Chef Erica Skolnik makes everything from whoopie pies to fudge brownies to pecan toffee chocolate chunk cookies. But if you really wanna get the authentic experience, try Frenchie’s famous carrot cake that’s filled with pecan praline and topped with cream cheese frosting and toasted coconut.

5. Sticky Fingers

dc bakeries

Photo courtesy of @stickyfingersdc on Instagram

This award-winning bakery and cafe was started in 1999 and has been serving up unbelievably good sweets ever since. They make everything from cookies to doughnuts to muffins to silly bonez—chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate coating.

6. RareSweets

dc bakeries

Photo courtesy of @raresweetsforall on Instagram

RareSweets is a well-renowned bakery that’s been mentioned by USA Travel, Food Network, DC Eater, Food and Wine, and Travel+Leisure. It recently won the 2016 Reader’s Choice Best of DC Best Bakery award. They make cakes, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, and bars (among other tasty treats).

7. Fancy Cakes By Leslie

dc bakeries

Photo courtesy of @absorb_dc on Instagram

Chef Leslie Poyourow makes some of the best cakes around, and those cakes have made the rounds—on TV, in the news, even at the White House. She’s known for her extravagant special occasion cakes, but you can try a wide range of other goodies in store like macaroons, cookies, and gingerbread.