If you’re looking to impress your significant other and want to create a romantic evening, this Italian-inspired 5-course meal will leave you both feeling full and satisfied. Forget about the fancy restaurants with mediocre-complimentary bread (and money you don’t have to spend) because these dishes are just as good, or even better, and less expensive. Plus, why limit yourself to three meals a day when you can have five in just one sitting? I say the more, the merrier…so bring on the food.

I can guarantee you that by the end of course five your taste buds will experience the perfect balance between sweet and savory. And while you may go into a food coma, it’ll be a night that you both won’t forget. Although it may raise high expectations for the next dinner-date.

First Course: Antipasti

5-Course Meal

Photo by Maddie Cleeff

Also known as the appetizer, this starter course is typically a soup or salad and is served before the pasta dish. Both light and healthy, it’s the best way to begin a hearty meal and still have room for four more courses. Whether you prefer iceberg lettuce, romaine, or arugula, these two salad dressings will add the perfect touch to any salad.

Second Course: Primi Piatti

5-Course Meal

Photo by Maddie Cleeff

This course consists of starches, such as risotto, gnocchi, or pasta. But one can never go wrong with gnocchi. Who doesn’t love soft potato dumplings? Even though you can buy pesto in a jar or tube, this homemade pesto recipe will show you just how easy it is. You will never go back to store-bought pesto again.

Third Course:  Second Piatti

5-Course Meal

Photo by Maddie Cleeff

Now on to the main course, which is the dish that meat-lovers look forward to. Forget about the leafy greens and starches, this is the melt-in-your-mouth kind of food. Whether you choose to grill your steak or throw it in the oven, this Guinness marinade will give it a nice tangy taste.

Fourth Course: Contorno

5-Course Meal

Photo by Maddie Cleeff

Contorno translates as “vegetables,” but who wants more veggies when you just ate them in the first course? Not me, I’ll pass. For the modern French fourth course, cheese (and more cheese, please) is the way to go. These baked brie bites with jam bites are not only creamy and sweet, but they will make you come back for more.

Fifth Course: Dolce

5-Course Meal

Photo by Maddie Cleeff

For all my sweet tooth friends, the time to indulge is finally here. Behold, fruit pizza. It’s a sugar cookie with cream cheese frosting and assorted fruits. Seriously, what could be any better? If you want something sweet but semi-healthy (and guilt-free), this dessert is the one. It’s a must-try and a must-have.