With Valentine's Day right around the corner, it's about damn time that you give it some thought.... I'm sure my therapist would agree to that, as she'd usually go and say "amen." You could always get that special someone (could be yourself) a gift, or you could always do a scotch and chocolate pairing... but what if you're in the mood for some wine? That's why you should celebrate Valentine's Day with Winc this year. It's a simple way to make that special someone smile this year without having to break the bank... or their minds in regards as to how sweet you're being.

The pairings themselves

Liz Abere

For your best friend forever - Summer Water Bubbly 2018

Liz Abere

Forget a bouquet of roses & opt for a bottle of rosé. Summer Water’s new bubbly rosé will give your Galentine’s Day a fun, exciting twist! This Central Coast Grenache and Syrah blend is refreshing, light and dry, with notes of melon, peach, rose, and citrus. Retail price is $25.99 for non Winc members and $21.99 for Winc members.

For your beau - Cherries and Rainbows 2018

Liz Abere

Taste the (cherries &) rainbows. Whimsical and lightheaded, Cherries & Rainbows hails from Minervois, France from an eco-friendly winery, and has zero added sulphur (Sans Soufre in French!) This natural, organic and biodynamic blend has dark, round fruit flavors and hints of spice and earth - fresh, tangy, and chillable This wine retails for $22.99 regularly and is $19.99 for Winc members.

For your new fling - Light and Space Cabernet Franc 2017

Liz Abere

Winc’s newest natural red wine is so nuanced and complex that it's easy to get lost in it - perfect for the first date! Unfined and unfiltered, enjoy this natural and carbonic wine’s tasting notes of bubble gum, red plum and wet stone. The bottle’s unique label art is both celestial and abstract, and was directly inspired by the Light and Space art movement of the 60s and 70s (often dubbed California Minimalism). This new red's regular price is $26.99 and is $22.99 for Winc members.

For your significant other - Lost Poet Red Blend 2017

Liz Abere

Need a way to hint for that engagement ring? Winc’s collaborated with viral masked poet Atticus to create a savory limited-edition red blend that accents the depth and complexity of poetry. Each wine bottle features a coveted poem by Atticus. This lush and velvety blend consists of 70% Cabernet for complexity, 20% Merlot for depth and 10% Syrah for sweetness. The regular price is $16.99 and is $14.99 for Winc members.

Celebrating Valentine's Day with Winc is relatively simple if you ask me, but it's a foolproof way of making that special someone fall even more in love with you than they already are. The nice thing about the wines that are mentioned above is that you can have them with that special person, or you can give to to them to enjoy in solidarity. By the end of the day, it's the thought that counts.