I love chocolate and peanut butter as much as the next person, so when I found out about these four vegan peanut butter cups, I just had to try them. 

Missy J’s Peanut Butter Cups

Missy J’s Peanut Butter Cups are vegan, gluten free, soy free, and made with coconut sugar – perfect for anyone with allergies! I tried two of them – the Peanut Butter Carob Cup and the Peanut Butter and Jelly Carob Cup. The Peanut Butter and Jelly flavor will take you back to your childhood, and you won’t want to come back to reality! They are made with carob, which isn’t as sweet as regular chocolate, so it emphasizes the sweetness of the jelly. After trying Missy J's peanut butter cups, I learned that I like carob now! 

Julia Fennell

Cleo’s Peanut Butter Cups

Cleo’s peanut butter cups are packaged similarly to Reese’s - two large peanut butter cups in a package. Unlike Reese’s though, these peanut butter cups only have six ingredients, and contain no animal products. Cleo’s peanut butter cups are sweet, and taste like milk chocolate, which makes it the ideal treat for people who loves Reese’s, but want to stay away from dairy. 

Julia Fennell

Sjaak’s Peanut Butter Cups

Sjaak has several different flavors of bite-sized sweetness coated in chocolate. My favorite are the peanut butter chocolate bites, although the chocolate caramel ones are a close second! These cups are smaller than Reese’s, which is perfect for when you have a slight craving for sweetness, but don't want a whole mouthful! There are about ten different flavors of Sjaak chocolate bites, so there's something for everyone to enjoy. 

Julia Fennell

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

I used a recipe from veganhuggs.com. These homemade peanut butter cups take 30 minutes to make, and only require a microwave and some space in the freezer! They also only need four ingredients - peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and nondairy chocolate chips, which makes it the perfect recipe for us college kids without much access to a kitchen.  They were so easy to make, and tasted incredible! I used Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips, so the peanut butter cups weren't too sweet. 

Julia Fennell