As much as we may deny it, we are a society obsessed with the lives of the rich and famous. Because of this intense interest, we feel a sense of betrayal when our favorites call it quits with their significant other. Even though they were, like, perfect together. Here are the best foods to help you deal with your favorite celebrity couple’s demise.

Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt 

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

A well-dressed man turns heads. Jon Hamm on the set of Mad Men is no different. Props to Jennifer, though, for apparently putting up with his off-stage antics. Despite being a drop dead gorgeous pair, they split over the idea of starting a family. Try this classy meal while you’re watching Mad Men and wondering why they couldn’t come to an agreement.

Photo by Karina Rao

Photo by Karina Rao

Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

Lasting only two years (the same amount of time you probably found Nickelback’s music “cool”), Avril and Chad have called it quits. Unfortunately for us, they appear to have grown out of their punk rock writing-an-edgy-song-about-your-ex phase. You can get plenty of nostalgia for your angst-ridden teenage years with these throwback recipes.

Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert

celebrity breakups

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

Recovering from this country music power couple’s divorce requires the classic country cure: whiskey. If that’s not really your thing, we’ve got a couple whiskey cocktails that’ll do the trick.

celebrity breakups

Photo by star5112 on Flickr

Scott Disick and Kourtney Kardashian

celebrity breakups

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

Don’t lie — Scott’s witty remarks are what made Keeping Up with the Kardashians so addictive. To go with his sharp remarks, we suggest the classic chocolate cure. Try dark chocolate (60% cacao) to remind you of how bitter you are that he won’t be around anymore.

celebrity breakups

Photo by Lee McCoy

Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards

celebrity breakups

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

Zayn has been through a lot this year. Between dumping 1D and then dumping Perrie, he is making some serious life changes. To cope with all this change, try the classic chocolate chip cookies and milk. We won’t judge you if you eat a whole batch of these warm gooeys.

celebrity breakups

Photo courtesy of framedcooks.com

Evan Peters and Emma Roberts

celebrity breakups

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

These two separating is as scary as American Horror Story. How romantic was it that their murderous characters brought them together? You’re going to need something as strong as their bloodlust to get over this split. We suggest you try a red wine margarita.

celebrity breakups

Photo courtesy of thelittleepicurean.com

Patrick Dempsey and Jillian Fink

celebrity breakups

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

McDreamy is used to breaking hearts, but breaking up with his wife of 15 years might be too hard to handle. For the die hard romantics (and Grey’s fans), you’ll want these heavy duty chocolate chip cookies and cream blondies.

celebrity breakups

Photo by Jeanne Penn

Nick Jonas and Olivia Culpo

celebrity breakups

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

She inspired his hit song “Jealous,” we got jealous too, and then they broke up. Maybe Nick got too jealous, maybe he wanted to focus on his career. Whatever the case, we need to eat something that looks as good as Nick does. You can swoon over his newly single self and these beautiful macaroons simultaneously.

celebrity breakups

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner

celebrity breakups

Gif courtesy of Tumblr.com

They understood each other’s high maintenance more than anyone else could. But after 10 years and three kids, it must’ve become too much. To understand dealing with someone high maintenance, try making this grilled peach toast. It needs to have exactly six slices per piece of toast. And they must be bite-sized slices of peach. Get it right.

celebrity breakups

Photo by Hannah Cooper

#SpoonTip: If you want to make sure your favorite celeb couple is still going strong, check out The Cut’s graveyard of celebrity marriages.