So, maybe you’ve never heard of Market 101, located at the corner of Blossom and Sumter Streets in McBryde A. And that’s okay. But you’re going to want to stop by sometime between Wednesday and Friday from 11am–3pm or 5pm–9pm and try the new Carolina Bird Dog.

Sign

photo by Ashley Crompton

A Bird Dog is a grilled chicken breast on a warm hot dog bun, served with your choice of sweet pepper or pineapple relish and a drizzle of honey mustard. And like that wasn’t enough, it also comes with a side of potato salad and a slice of fresh grilled pineapple. GRILLED PINEAPPLE. The Dog and sides all fit on meal plan and come with your choice of water, tea, or iced coffee. You read that right—iced coffee.

BirdDog2

photo by Ashley Crompton

And if you’re not into chicken, Grill 101 also has a tasty vegetarian option as well. The Portobello mushroom “burger” is also part of meal plan.

Free

photo by Ashley Crompton

All Grill 101 plates are available to-go, but it’s just starting to get nice out. We recommend hanging out on the Market 101 patio to enjoy your meal with friends. Chances are, the guys at the grill will have some speakers hooked up and a great playlist going. It’s the perfect way to kick off your weekend, Carolina style.

Grill

photo by Ashley Crompton

Hungry for more?

Red Bell Pepper and Pesto Grilled Cheese
UofSC’s Secret Grocery Store
5 Tropical Drinks That Will Transport You to Summer