Everybody loves a good BLT, and the thing that makes BLTs so delicious is, of course, that nice mayonnaise spread that tops it all off. However, producing the eggs needed to make delicious mayonnaise produces a lot of carbon, which ultimately means that traditional mayonnaise is not a very sustainable option. Thankfully, Hampton Creek created an egg-less mayonnaise called Just Mayo.

If you love using mayonnaise, here are some reasons why you should make the switch to Just Mayo.

1. It’s Environmentally-Friendly

Mayonnaise

Photo courtesy of @hamptoncreek on Instagram

Everyone knows the importance of protecting our planet, which is why it is so important to start eating foods that help protect Earth. Switching to Just Mayo would save water and cut carbon emissions. It is estimated that switching to Just Mayo would save hundreds of quarts of water per jar used, making it a better choice for our environment.

Additionally, Just Mayo uses less land and produces less carbon than traditional mayonnaise. Since the environmental footprint of Just Mayo is low, this makes it a more sustainable choice. Because of these reasons many college students are actually petitioning to change their school’s mayonnaise option to Just Mayo.

2. It’s Healthier

Mayonnaise

Just Mayo has no cholesterol, so by making the switch, you can reduce cholesterol intake. It also has less saturated fat and sodium than traditional mayonnaise, making it the healthy option. It also has no tree nuts or peanuts as well as no gluten, making it safe for many people with allergies to consume.

3. It’s Cheap

Mayonnaise

30-oz. of Just Mayo costs between $3.99 and $5.49 with all of its’ retailers. At Walmart, Just Mayo sells for $3.48, much lower than Hellmann’s traditional mayonnaise at $5.25.

If you want to keep enjoying your BLTs, try making a switch to something that is both delicious and truly good for you.