This April 2018, UGA's Pi Sigma Epsilon Gamma chapter, a nationally recognized professional business fraternity, teamed up with over 25 businesses this year to host Downtown Athens' 10th annual Classic City Crawl. 

Participants who bought red frocket tees for just $15, enjoyed discounts all day and all night at Athens' favorite bars and other local businesses, painting the entire town red. This year's Crawl supported The Backpack Project, a local NGO which provides backpacks full of food and necessities, like clothes and toiletries, to homeless individuals across Georgia.

Tristen Webb

These red t-shirts payed homage to Downtown Athens with the cityscape artwork on the back.

Crawling Down Broad St.

Despite being held on a Tuesday night, this was not your typical night out. Participants 21 and older hopped from bar to bar in search of the best deals on drinks. Most drinks were $2-3, including beer, drafts, shots, margaritas, wells, pitchers, and bowls.

Tristen Webb

The event featured discounts off specialty drinks, too, like Bar South's Ty Baby Cocktail and Woodford's Spicy Margarita Pitcher. If of age participants wore their red t-shirt downtown, they had automatic access to dangerously good deals at most of Athens' favorite bars.

Food & Retail

If you weren't of legal drinking age, or if you chose not to drink, the Classic City Crawl didn't exclude you. This year, Cinnaholic offered free toppings on cinnamon rolls and a free coffee with any purchase. Eddie's Calzones and Zaxby's also had BOGO deals. Athens' newest bar, Clarke's Standard, entered the crawl this year with half off select appetizers.

Samira Kanetkar

While you were eating and drinking downtown, you could have stopped by one of the local retail shops for discounted merchandise and apparel. JCP Apparel, Indigo Child, Fabrik and Empire South all offered 15-20% off.

Tristen Webb

The annual Classic City Crawl combined two activities college students love: going out and saving money. If you weren't able to experience it this year, it's well worth waiting for, next year. Please drink and crawl responsibly.