Sports and beer; they're two things that go hand in hand with one another. While it seems like a new beer is coming out every single second, you're probably right about that. With that being said, here's what you need to know about the new beer that's the child between Breckenridge Brewery and the Denver Nuggets.

The details

Liz Abere

Well to start, the name of the beer is Mile High City, and it's a collaboration between the Denver Nuggets and Breckenridge Brewery. Mile High City is 5.7% ABV and brewed with Full Pint and Munich malts to create a lightly toasted sweetness balanced with a refreshingly clean finish, and the exceptionally smooth brew offers a mild, spicy and fruity aroma. The beer hit shelves on January 30th, 2020, and will be available through the month that we all know and love as April. Also, the beer will be available at Pepsi Center and in bars, restaurants and stores across Colorado in 12oz cans 15-packs, giving fans yet another thing to cheer for this season.

What else is there to know?

Liz Abere

Todd Usry, President of Breckenridge Brewery, has stated the following:

“Many of us at Breckenridge Brewery are big fans of the Denver Nuggets, and their impressive season has certainly given us a lot to celebrate, so we thought: ‘Why not make a Nuggets beer to cheer with; we brewed the beer to be smooth, light and refreshing so that it’s the perfect court-side companion for fans as they root for the Nuggets this winning season.”

Beer and basketball; seems like the perfect combo to me, so it only makes sense that a collaboration between Breckenridge Brewery and the Denver Nuggets is a thing. Now that you know more about the beer, it's time to go try it for yourself.