With the first few weeks of the semester kicking in and the breaking news of an extra-long winter (thanks Punxsutawney Phil), brings a lot of stress to bear. Not to mention the added pressure that Valentine's Day is just around the corner, which if you are single, in a relationship, or anything in between, may not be the most pleasant of holidays. Whether your Valentine is your mom, grandpa, best friend, significant other, or potentially the hot barista you have been eyeing down at Starbuck’s (go get ‘em), these food puns will be sure to break the ice and make them smile. Use the following food puns at your discretion:

1. I Love It When You Call Me  Big PAPAya

tea, water, beer
Lisa Romano

For the Biggie Small fans out there, this is golden. And if you don't know, now you know, papaya. 

2. I Cannoli See Myself With You

beer
Lisa Romano

Two words: Holy. Cannoli.

3. If Looks Could Kale

tea, beer
Lisa Romano

If you haven't a clue on what to message that 10/10 health addict that has been sitting in your list of matches on your favorite dating app, this one is for you.

4. You Make Me Smile From My Head to-ma-toes

berry
Lisa Romano

Text this to that guy/girl that always likes your social media posts, but you have never actually had real life interaction with, they will definitely want to ketchup.

5. I Cannot Espresso How Much You Mean to Me

milk, tea, cappuccino, espresso, coffee
Lisa Romano

This one guarantees that barista will like you a latte. It has bean the grounds of many great relationships. 

6. I Am Toast Without You

coffee, pizza, beer
Lisa Romano

Perfect to use while eating breakfast in bed or while eating the entire bread basket at your favorite restaurant. What do toast and French have in common? KISS. That is the kind of humor you knead in your loaf.

7. I Am Soy Into You

syrup, alcohol, wine, beer
Lisa Romano

Getting some take out or sit down Asian cuisine with your love bug? This pun will have them swooning over you PHO sure.

8. You Are One in a Melon

water
Lisa Romano

Who says you cant-aloupe? FUN FACT: Watermelon is an aphrodisiac. Now you can elope. 

9. Are You a Banana? Because I Find You aPEELing

bacon, syrup, beer
Lisa Romano

If you are lonely or going bananas this Valentine's day, just hang out in your local grocery store's produce section and peel out this pun. If it does not land you a hot smoothie date, then you better split.

10. You Are My Cup Of Tea

espresso, tea, coffee
Lisa Romano

*Cough, cough* and a cute tea.

You can make cute Valentine's Day cards with these food puns, use them in real life conversation, or write one on a paper plane and throw it at your crush. The options are endless. Whoever you choose to use these food pick-up lines on butternut squash your dreams and if they do, you should not carrot all.