The foodie world contains ever-changing trends like zoodles and açaí bowls. However, one thing stays the same in every student's diet: fast food breakfast. Nothing beats quick, cheap breakfast food. With so many options though, it's hard to know what the best fast food breakfast options are. That's where I come in. Here are nine fast food restaurants that offer the best breakfast in my humble opinion, plus a few suggestions on what to order. 

1. McDonald's

Availability: Good news, breakfast lovers. The company made national headlines when it decided to serve breakfast items all day, everyday. Smart move, McDonald's.

Best Item: Honestly, you can't go wrong with a Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit or some Hotcakes. In my opinion, however, any type of McMuffin tops the menu. 

Why: It's a classic for a reason. The McMuffin is best egg sandwich I've tasted on the go, and it comes in so many varieties. Bonus: It doesn't break the bank. 

2. Jack in the Box

Available: Just like McDonald's, Jack in the Box whips up tasty breakfast all day long. That way you can get your late-night breakfast fix. 

Best Item: The Jumbo Breakfast Platter is Jack in the Box's best breakfast item, in my opinion. 

Why: This item lives up to its "jumbo" name. If you're craving a wide variety of breakfast items, order the giant platter. It has everything. The order includes scrambled eggs, hash browns, eight mini pancakes, and your choice of sausage or three slices of bacon. Talk about a breakfast of champions. 

3. Burger King

Availability: This popular fast food place serves breakfast until 10:30 am. 

Best Item: The breakfast menu at Burger King features a lot of delicious items, but the French Toast Sticks tops the list. 

Why: I mean, French toast sticks on-the-go? No question there.

4. Subway

Availability: This may come as a surprise to many, but Subway does serve breakfast. This popular sub shop serves breakfast until 11 am. Give it a try one of these days, it may surprise you. 

Best Item: The breakfast menu at Subway's is short and sweet with only four items. My favorite of the four is the Bacon, Egg, and Cheese

Why: It's crispy bacon, egg, and melted cheese on freshly toasted flatbread or whatever you like (but I'd go for the flatbread, really). Add tomatoes, too, and you're really set. Did I mention cheese?

5. Taco Bell

Availability: Taco Bell stops serving breakfast at 11 am.

Best Item: The Breakfast Crunchwrap (another favorite) is delicious and all, but the Grande Scrambler Combo is the ultimate Taco Bell breakfast item. 

Why: Personally, I believe the Grande Scrambler Combo is a better deal for both your stomach and wallet. For $4.69 you receive a breakfast burrito and a side of hash browns. What more do you need? 

6. Wendy's

Availability: Wendy's serves breakfast items until 10:30 am.

Best Item: Wendy's whips up a Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit that'll make your morning that much better. 

Why: Brace yourselves (and your stomach). This sandwich is emphasizes simplicity with few ingredients. The sandwich consists of crispy chicken topped with real honey butter on a warm, flaky biscuit. Are you drooling yet?

7. Carl's Jr.

Availability: Carl's Jr. serves breakfast until 10:30 am.

Best Item: You won't go wrong with the Breakfast Burger. The restaurant chain caused a frenzy when it decided to serve this bad boy all day long. This is big news because the other breakfast items aren't served all day.  

Why: This breakfast creation consists of everyone's favorites: bacon, eggs, hash browns, a charbroiled beef patty, American cheese, and ketchup. It's a combo that'll blow your tastebuds away.

8. Chick-fil-A

Availability: Chick-fil-A serves breakfast until 10:30 am.

Best Item: This may come as a surprise, but Chick-fil-A makes a mean Greek Yogurt Parfait. It's healthier with its vanilla Greek yogurt, fresh berries, and granola. 

Why: Don't get me wrong, Chick-fil-A kills the breakfast game with its breakfast sandwiches and burritos. But this parfait is filling and refreshing. Perfect for a Saturday morning treat.

9. Dunkin' Donuts

Availability: All day. 

Best Item: Big N' Toasted is the best. This flavor-packed sandwich contains two eggs, bacon, and cheese layered between Texas toast. 

Why: Go big or go home. This large sandwich is not for the faint-hearted. It's delicious (and giant), and it'll keep you full for a long time. 

Even if you're not a "breakfast person," you have to try some of the best fast food breakfast options. They're wallet-friendly and tasty at the same time, so there's nothing to lose (other than maybe sleep if you have to wake up early for these). If anything, try the breakfast-all-day options if you happen to be at one of these fast food restaurants. You'll be glad you did!