Next time your group of friends is looking for somewhere to eat, drink, and not go broke in the process, it's pretty likely that you'll end up at an Applebee's. They're everywhere, and it's basically designed for big groups. They've got a huge menu that's good for sharing (especially apps), and if you're gluten-free, it means that you have plenty of options for a meal. Luckily for you, Applebee's gluten-free options are ample and just as delicious as the rest of the menu.

#SpoonTip: On their allergen information page, Applebee's explains that because of shared cooking and preparation areas in the kitchen, they are "unable to guarantee that any menu item can be completely free of allergens. So, if you have celiac or a serious allergy, you're probably better off hitting up happy hour for a $1 cocktail

Here are the best Applebee's gluten-free offerings for your next trip.

1. Riblets

You're at Applebee's for a reason (i.e. to be as full as possible at the lowest possible cost). Get that job done with a platter or a basket of riblets. They're all you can eat for $12.99, and they're completely gluten-free.

2. Baby Back Ribs

Yes, Applebee's does offer two types of ribs, and the baby back type are also gluten-free. Both sauces are GF too, so you can glaze it however you want.

3. Chips and Salsa

Simple, yummy, and technically gluten-free. However, be careful when ordering these if anyone at the table is highly sensitive or intolerant to gluten. There's a higher chance for cross-contamination here because the chips are fried in oil that items with gluten (specifically their bomb mozzarella sticks) may have come into contact with.

4. Salsa Verde Beef Nachos

Applebee's is great for groups. So are nachos. Get these to split as an app, and everyone's happy. Again, careful with the potential for cross-contamination in the chips.

5. Double Crunch Bone-In Wings

According to All Things Wings, Applebee's has some pretty good wings. Get an order to split and no one will be mad about it. You're good with any of the sauces and dressings, except for the sweet Asian chili sauce, which does contain gluten.

6. Chicken Tortilla Soup

soup, vegetable, pea, legume, lentil
Natsuko Mazany

Don't wanna share your app? I get it. Order this solo bowl of goodness before your meal.

7. Caprese Mozzarella Chicken

It's hard to go wrong with chicken and cheese. Add some balsamic and mashed potatoes, and you've got a bomb meal.

8. Fiesta Lime Chicken

If you're a chicken fan, you're pretty much set for gluten-free options here. The fiesta lime chicken is another chicken and cheese number that's a solid bite.

9. Cedar Salmon with Maple Mustard Glaze

If you're trying to offset the massive amount of nachos you ate before the actual meal came, the salmon is a pretty healthy option. Bonus: it's also classy AF if you're trying to impress your date.

10. Grilled Shrimp Skewer

Pretty basic and definitely gluten-free. While plain protein dishes like this one are generally gluten-free, be careful when ordering at Applebee's—seemingly safe options, like the sirloin steak, may contain gluten.

11. Sides

A solid 75% of the fun of a meal is the sides (and that's a conservative estimate), and Applebee's has got plenty of options. Surprisingly, almost all of them are gluten-free (unless you're tryna order the mac and cheese, onion rings, and the maple pecan sweet potatoes). 

If the potential of trace amounts of gluten isn't an issue, there are some pretty solid menu options that you should be ordering. Applebee's gluten-free options are pretty bomb, and won't leave you starving at the end of the meal. I'll cheers a $1 drink to that.