I have seen countless posts on social media recently all claiming to be your new summer drink. I decided to try a few out and organize them here so you can decide for yourself.

Smoothies

Smoothies are my all time favorite summer breakfast. They’re quick, easy, and sure to cool you off for those days when you wake up and it’s already humid out. When I drink a smoothie for breakfast, I always make sure to add a scoop of protein powder to round the drink out. Lately I have been loving the protein powder from KOS. Not only is their protein powder organic and sustainable, it also tastes amazing. My go to smoothie combo lately has been strawberries, banana, almond milk, yogurt, and a scoop of the KOS Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Powder. This smoothie tastes like peanut butter banana meets chocolate covered strawberry and it’s out of this world.

Somedays I do opt for just a protein shake: this is when I love using the chocolate chip mint powder for KOS. I just blend a scoop of powder with some ice and some milk, it’s so refreshing and a perfect afternoon treat.

Teas

I was recently sent some Teeccino. Normally I’m not a huge tea drinker but these definitely caught my attention. It’s a medium between coffee and tea meant to satisfy fanatics of either side. If you’re someone who is worried about the impact of caffeine on your health, look no further for your new summer drink. Teeccino provides you a boost of energy through the nutritious ingredients that make up the drink so you don’t have to worry about what you’re fueling your body with.

Teeccino grounds are made with a blend of herbs and nuts so it can be brewed or steeped. My favorite flavor is their Maya Chai that tastes, to me, a little sweeter than some of the other flavors. I like to enjoy the Maya Chai iced with a little half and half.

Waters

It seems as though there are hundreds of choices of flavored water out there these days and sometimes it’s hard to determine which ones are actually good for you. I recently tried Karma’s Wellness Water and I’ve really been enjoying it! The flavors are delicious; not overly sweet but not watered down either. The drink is packed with vitamins and minerals like Vitamin D, B12, and magnesium. The fun part about this water is the flavor and vitamins come in a powder form in the top of the bottle cap. When you’re ready to drink the water you press the powder in, shake it up, and boom you have a refreshing water that you know is loaded with nutrients.

And finally, if a fancy summer drink just isn't your thing, you may opt for some regular water. I would suggest Oxigen for your water fix this summer. Many people switched to outdoor forms of entertainment this year and when you’re on a hike or just enjoying a picnic in the park, you should make sure to stay hydrated. Oxigen is perfect for that 3pm slump whether you’re enjoying their regular bottled water form or their Oxigen shots you’ll feel refreshed and ready to take on whatever the day throws at you. Personally I found the bottled Oxigen water to be the most impactful around 2pm when I would usually take a nap. It didn’t totally wake me up, but gave me an extra boost of energy to finish the day. If you curious about how Oxigen impacts you energy post workout check out Sara’s review on the brand!

Now you could stick to the purpose of this guide, finding one ultimate summer drink. Or have a little fun try out all of these drinks and get creative with them! Use Oxigen to steep your Teecino and create the ultimate refresher or add some Wellness Water to your smoothie with a scoop of protein powder for an ultra nutrient rich blend. Bottoms up!