It’s cheap, it’s easy and it’s tasty – what’s not to love? Avoid getting stuck in an oatmeal rut (because we all know the brown sugar and raisin combo can get old, fast) with these nine creative oatmeal combinations.

1. Peanut Butter & Jelly

Oatmeal

Photo courtesy of thehungryhousewife.com

Turn your favorite childhood flavor combination into a quick breakfast by adding a spoonful of peanut butter and jelly to your morning oatmeal.

2. Fig, Ricotta and Honey

Oatmeal

Photo courtesy of treehugger.com

Feeling fancy? This is combo for you. Just add chopped dried figs, a spoonful of ricotta and a drizzle of honey for a posh oatmeal experience.

3. Cookie Dough

Oatmeal

Photo courtesy of chocolatecovderedkatie.com

Mix chocolate chips, peanut butter and honey into a bowl of your favorite oats for a healthy cookie dough alternative. You won’t be able to tell the difference.

4. Banana Bread

Oatmeal

Photo courtesy of galleryhip.com

Add ripe banana, chopped walnuts and maple syrup to your morning oatmeal for a cozy breakfast.

5. Egg, Cheese and Scallions

Oatmeal

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

If you aren’t a fan of sweets in the morning, try combining a fried egg, shredded cheese and chopped scallions for a savory breakfast.

6. Apple Cinnamon

Oatmeal

Photo courtesy of domesticsuperhero.com

Give this popular instant oatmeal flavor an upgrade with freshly sliced apples, a sprinkle of cinnamon and brown sugar for a tasty morning meal.

7. Nutella and Banana

Oatmeal

Photo courtesy of simplyscratch.com

All foods are instantly improved with Nutella and oatmeal is no exception. Add sliced bananas and a dollop of the chocolate hazelnut spread for a sweet morning treat.

8. Peaches and Cream

Oatmeal

Photo courtesy of nutritionfor.us

Try incorporating this classic flavor combo into your breakfast routine by adding sliced peaches and a dash of whole milk or half and half to your oatmeal.

9. Dried Fruit and Nuts

Oatmeal

Photo courtesy of valerielatona.com

Mixing in dried fruit and nuts is a sure way to add texture and flavor to your morning bowl of oats. Pro-tip: chopped dried apricots and cinnamon covered almonds make great oatmeal toppings.

Like this? We figured. Why don’t you pin it?

oatmealtopping

Check out these articles for more ways to break out of your breakfast routine: