Boston is home to some of the best food in New England. When you move away, you begin to realize how much you miss it. We Bostonians take a lot of pride in both our city and the food that it makes. Ask any native and they will tell you that these foods are what they miss the most.

1. Clam Chowder

Photo courtesy of harrysfresh.com

“Chowdah” is one of the most famous New England foods, and it definitely lives up to its name. Every Bostonian will tell you that “chowdah” outside of the city is just not as good, and trust me, they’re right.

2. Cannoli From Mike’s Pastries

Photo Courtesy of @Boston Bites on Instagram

Although we might not miss waiting in the never-ending line to get these treats, ask any Bostonian and they’ll tell you that Mike’s definitely serves up the best pastries in the country (although that might be a stretch).

3. Mary Lou’s Coffee

Photo Courtesy of Mary Lou’s Coffee via Facebook

Born and bred on the South Shore, many will drive out of their way to get some of the best coffee Boston has to offer (besides Dunkin of course). Their famous “Funky Fanabla” keeps loyal customers coming back.

4. Fenway Franks

Photo Courtesy of hercampus.com

Whether you like baseball or not, every Bostonian will come to Fenway with this famous hot dog in mind.

5. JP Licks

Photo Courtesy of yelp.com

Ask any local what their favorite ice cream shop is and they’ll tell you JP Licks. With numerous flavors to choose from, almost everyone who goes will enjoy it, and on top of that, it started up right outside our city in Jamaica Plain.

6. Lobster Roll

Photo Courtesy of yelp.com

Some might think that these are more a Maine specialty, but Boston also serves up a mean lobster roll. As a city based right on the water, the lobster is kept fresh and our stomachs kept full.

7. Boston Cream Pie

Photo by Joey Teodosio

One of the most iconic desserts created in Boston is served in the form of pie, cupcakes and donuts. No matter where in the city you live, the Boston Cream pie is everywhere and in everything (and thank god for that).

8. Roxy’s Grilled Cheese

Photo by Nancy Chen

This grilled cheese expert landed in Boston as just a food truck. Now, with a permanent location in Allston, many locals are stopping in for the most decadent grilled cheese ever.

9. Sweet Cupcakes

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

This Boston based bakery has some of the best cupcakes in the city. They are the perfect size to satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling guilty for it.