A wise man once said, “You should eat to live, not live to eat.” This man clearly wasn’t a foodie. For us, life’s pleasure revolves around food and so do some of life’s disappointments. So here is listing such disappointments or struggles that binds all foodies across land and sea:
1. Finishing your ice cream before it melts.
And then licking your hands clean like a boss.
2. Getting the perfect swirl of spaghetti around your fork.
Trying unsuccessfully since 1154.
3. Making sunny side ups with that perfectly centered yolk.
If only I could do sunny side ups as smoothly as Jamie Oliver. If only.
4. Eating your shawarma without dropping the stuffing.
Yes, of course I love scooping my filling from the hummus which it is generously dropped into, don’t you?
5. Trying to finish off the entire bowl of popcorn without getting a kernel stuck in between your teeth.
And the sucker will always get stuck between the sharpest teeth so that when you try to dislodge it, your tongue get’s mutilated. True story bro.
6. Trying to control the urge of slapping your friend’s hand off when he eats your fries.
So this Satan’s spawn will order a salad and then try to eat your fries very inconspicuously. I wish I could simply channel my inner Joey at moments like these and blatantly state, “I DON’T SHARE FOOD,” instead of inconspicuously sliding away my plate inch by inch.
7. When you’re eating your pizza and all the cheese comes off in one bite.
So one bite is wondrous cheesy goodness and the next is dry bread. Why God, WHY?
8. When you start eating food and you FINISH it.
Bottomless glass of wine? Infinite foot-long? Just imagine the possibilities, if we’d have gotten our letters from Hogwarts.
9. Trying to finish off the pani puri before the vendor places the next one.
The want, rather the need, to win this race is so pressing, that we’re often willing to look like chipmunks in the process.