If you’re like me, then you’re constantly wondering what movie to watch online that will satisfy whatever cinematic craving you may be having. I have found through my extensive film studies (okay, I took a course for a semester) that the best movies to watch at any time of day, any time of year, are those that involve food. They may differ in making you cry, laugh, or sit on the edge of your seat – but they will all make you hungry. Better get that popcorn ready, here we go.

1. Burnt (2015)

movies

An ex-Michelin chef tries to create comeback success after years away due to alcoholism and drug abuse. If the fabulous scenes in gourmet kitchens and the fabulousness of Sienna Miller aren’t enough to convince you…I mean, can you really go wrong with Bradley Cooper?

2. Chocolat (2000)

movies

A charming French town…Johnny Depp…and endless creations of chocolatey confections. That’s all. Wanna win a Depp of your own? Become your own chocolatier.

3. Julie and Julia (2009)

movies

Anything starring Meryl Streep will immediately go straight to the top spot of my favorite movies, but this one really takes the cake. Stanley Tucci, Amy Adams and Streep are a delightful trio, exploring the magic that can be found in the kitchen both in the lives of 1950’s Julia Child and her modern day food-blogging contemporaries.

4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

movies

Johnny Depp appears again here, and if you can get past the disturbingly freaky minds of both Roald Dahl and Tim Burton, this movie is actually a fabulous example of gastro magic.

5. Ratatouille (2007)

movies

Okay, okay… so a Disney movie about a rat in a kitchen may not sound particularly ideal for your movie night, but if you haven’t seen this movie (or if you have, but like most of us haven’t watched it since 2007), make some ratatouille for yourself and load it up on the ‘Flix right.

6. The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014)

movies

I can watch this movie again…and again…and again. It never fails to disappoint, combining the four best things in life: French cooking in the countryside, Indian food so spectacular you can taste it through your screen, Helen Mirren, and a steamy love story between two mega-hotties.

7. It’s Complicated (2009)

movies

Oh, Meryl, you do it again. Nancy Meyers is the best when it comes to designing a kitchen, and this is no exception. It will make you want Meryl to stay up late making you croque monsieurs and chocolate croissants – all while looking fabulous.

8. The Help (2011)

movies

Finishing up with a shoutout to my Southern roots, The Help is delightful for so many reasons (the 1960’s fashion or the fact that it will make you definitely cry). We can’t forget about the cooking scenes though, where Octavia Spencer teaches Jessica Chastain the joys of creating the perfect fried chicken.