The bizarre weather is all anyone talks about lately and by that, I don’t mean as an awkward ice breaker at those random family gatherings, I mean as in what in the WORLD is going on. I would be severely annoyed at the sheer volume of “WTF” Snapchat stories with the temperature logo, if it wasn’t this outrageous. I mean 70 degrees in December in supposedly one of the coldest states in the country… Something’s up for sure.

I never thought I’d say this but I honestly miss the cold. All I want is to cuddle up with hot chocolate in fuzzy socks and call it a day but sadly, I would be sweating if I tried. So with that, I create your ultimate guide to enjoying your favorite wintery drinks, iced for the oddly summery weather.

Frozen Hot Chocolate 

holiday

Photo by Karina Rao

Let’s start with the classics, shall we. For all my east coasters, I’m sure you know that THE place to go for your 10th birthday was Serendipity 3 as their frozen hot chocolate is legendary. Lucky for the rest of the country, this oxymoron of a drink can be had easily anywhere that has access to a blender.

Iced Egg Nog

holiday

Photo by Kevin Del Orbe

Now let’s get boozy. This icy cocktail is perfect for hosting those parties where you want to seem like you spent hours in the kitchen when in reality you just simmered a few ingredients, gave it a whirl in a blender and then topped it with nutmeg. Oh wait, that’s exactly what this recipe is.

Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake

holiday

Photo by Susanna Tuan

The golden, winter combo: chocolate and peppermint. Keeping with the healthy streak, this milkshake is made with frozen bananas and almond milk. Spring break bod, here ya come.

Salted Caramel Apple Pie Boozy Shake

holiday

Photo by Katie Zizmor

Okay the health streak has come to a close, we all knew that was bound to happen – I mean, look at that caramel drippage. Blending pie is what’s in now and I can totally see why. This spiked shake will make you feel fuzzy from the inside out.

Chai Latte Frappucino

holiday

Photo by Jody Brimacombe

Every time I look at my bank statement and see the unending rows of “–$3.10”, a little part of me dies. The amount of money I’ve spent on just Starbucks alone could probably have bought me a new bike. This recipe is for all my fellow S’bucks lovers who want to save some dough without sacrificing the deliciousness.

Apple Cider Floats

holiday

Photo courtesy of passthesushi.com

You don’t have to give up the wondrous autumn flavor of cider just because the temperature has raised a few degrees. With the simple addition of ginger ale and vanilla ice cream, you’ll never go back to “ordinary” mulled cider again like a peasant.

Gingerbread Smoothie

Photo courtesy of pumpkinnspice.com

Here is a recipe that won’t add pack on those inevitable holiday pounds. Made with greek yogurt and molasses, you can stick to your New Year’s resolution without giving up the creamy, spiced goodness that winter drinks provide.

Pumpkin Milkshake

holiday

Photo by Dara Ades

This wouldn’t be a holiday post without some pumpkin. Over the years, pumpkin has epitomized fall and winter flair, shoutout to the geniuses at Starbucks. Here’s a recipe that turns pumpkin into the coolest of beverages.

So does being able to wear shorts in December not make it winter? Absolutely not. Grab some ice cubes and a blender and whip those holiday drinks into a cool version that still brings the cozy happiness that comes with this wondrous season.