Calling all Yankees and Red Sox—it’s time to put down the bats and lay our deep-seated sports rivalry to rest (at least for a few minutes). Whether you come from Charlestown or the heart of the Bronx, we can all set aside our differences to see what’s really important here: food.

With tons of American classics located at famous Bean Town spots like Faneuil Hall Market and The Oyster House, there’s no shame in showing a little love for your long time baseball rivals. So New Yorkers, let’s try to be civil for long enough to appreciate some of the best of the Boston foods, because I promise they’re wicked good.

New England Clam Chowderbonappetit.com

Nothing says Boston quite like a nice hot cup o’ chowdah. Bostonians are proud to serve this New England staple, and with good reason. Clam Chowder is not only chock full of creamy potatoes and fresh New England clams, but sometimes it even has bacon. BACON.

Baked Beans

Boston Foods

Photo courtesy of recipes100.com

With a nickname like “Bean Town,” this one seems pretty self-explanatory. But if that’s not enough proof, then you definitely have to try a bowl of one of Boston’s most longstanding traditions—or at least the candy version.

All Things Apples

Boston Foods

Photo by Jaime Wilson

Apple picking, apple pie, apple cider— in Boston, you can find just about all things apple. There’s nothing quite like autumn in New England, and that’s when these fall favorites really come to life. Nothing hits the spot quite like a farm fresh apple cider donut on a crisp October day.

Boston Cream Pie

Boston Foods

Photo courtesy of Joey Teodosio

Not only are Boston Cream Pies good enough as is, but they come in just about all shapes and sizes. From doughnuts to Boston Cream Pie cupcakes, this is one classic that’s almost impossible not to love.

Lobster Rolls

Boston Foods

Photo by Christian Urso

It’s not just the Mainers who get to claim credit for this summer staple. The lobstah roll is a classic all throughout New England, and Boston is no exception. Sorry, New York—your lobster rolls just aren’t at the Boston level.

Frappes (not milkshakes!)

Boston Foods

Photo by Christian Urso

Yes, there IS a difference. Bostonians are very devoted to their frappes, and have every right to be because, sure, milkshakes are good but add a little syrup and you’ve got yourself a whole new level of “sick nasty.”

Cod

Boston Foods

Photo by Jaime Wilson

Believe it or not, it’s not just the British who are die hard fans of a basket of fish ‘n’ chips. While Boston might not be the home of this European favorite, we’ve certainly mastered all the different ways to serve our beloved cod. With fish chowder and Ritz cracker crusts, there’s no cod concoction that Bostonians haven’t tried.

Old-Fashioned Ice Cream

Boston Foods

Photo by Katherine Carroll

Whether it’s Richardson’s, Kimball Farms, or Toscanini’s, there’s no ice cream like old fashioned New England ice cream. With road-side mom and pop stands and big, time-honored factories, even a simple a scoop of vanilla is sure to hit the spot.