If you’re like me, you saw this heading and thought to yourself “who would actually buy carrot cake-flavored Hershey Kisses?” I’ll admit, I was skeptical of this combination at first, but then I realized that some of the best foods are the ones we once thought were odd combinations.

Take, for example, fried chicken and waffles — the combination originally sounded really unappetizing to me, but has since become the norm to eat in the South.

Let’s make this unique Hershey kiss the new norm for Easter candy. These candies are made from a white chocolate base with light orange outer layer, and they taste like actual carrot cake (to me, at least).

Before I bought this new candy, I thought the same as you are probably thinking, but I am here to tell you that this new Easter-themed candy might be around for awhile, and you should buy them now while they are just appearing on the scene.

1. They taste exactly like carrot cake

Photo by Kristine Mahan

These carrot cake Hershey Kisses taste exactly like carrot cake, which means that if you were worried about these candies tarnishing the carrot cake name, you can put those worries out of your head. You won’t be disappointed that you aren’t eating a slice of actual carrot cake.

2. You don’t have to bake

Peep Carrot Cake Cupcakes: A Great Excuse to Buy Peeps this Easter

Photo by Kristine Mahan

This is great news for the typical lazy college student, because all you have to do is pick up a 9-oz. bag of these carrot cake Hershey Kiss candies (which are exclusively sold at Walmart for the Easter season) for $3.21, including tax.

These candies save you the time, money, and the energy that it takes to bake carrot cake. But if you want to bake, we have got you covered: try these Peep carrot cake cupcakes shown above.

3. It is a seasonal item

A bowl chocolates with different individual colorful wrappings to look like colored easter eggs

Photo courtesy of thedailygoodiebag.com

Since carrot cake Hershey Kisses are a seasonal item, they’re only around for a limited time — so grab ’em while they last. Also, everyone is talking about them, and don’t you want to know what all the hype is about before it’s gone?

4. They’re “healthy…”

Multicolored large carrots

Photo by Alex Hawkins

The carrot cake Hershey Kiss candy has the word “carrot” in it, so that means there are vegetables in it, right? If you want to be healthy with your carrot cake flavoring, check out this oatmeal that’s flavored the same.

5. They are like nothing you’ve ever had before

http://georgetown.spoonuniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2015/10/giphy-13.gif

Gif Courtesy of giphy.com

Are you an adventurous person who loves to take risks? Well, the new carrot cake Hershey Kiss is the candy for you. It could have tasted like garbage, or it could’ve been the best new candy on the block — luckily, it was the latter. I took the risk and you should, too. It is worth it — trust me.

6. The filling tastes like actual cream cheese frosting

Carrot Cake Hershey Kisses

Photo by Corinne Odom

If you’re like me, frosting is the best part of any cupcake or cake. The filling inside these Hershey Kisses tastes like cream cheese frosting, which in my opinion is the best frosting on all cakes. If you like homemade cream cheese frosting, you’ll love the center of this treat.

7. They are smaller than a piece of cake

Carrot Cake Hershey Kisses

Photo courtesy of blogspot.com

Desserts are a treat, but with these carrot cake Hershey Kisses, you can eat more and not feel guilty (like you would if you had multiple pieces of cake). Go ahead, take another one and be guilt-free.

Now that you know seven reasons why you must buy your new favorite Easter candy, you should get in your car ASAP. These carrot cake-flavored Hershey Kisses are only sold in Walmart stores, and I myself had to travel to two stores about a half hour away just to find them. Trust me, they are worth the drive and seriously addicting.

Gif of Joey from

GIF courtesy of buzzfeed.com

I’m with Joey on this one — they are so good, I am not willing to share. What are you still doing reading this? Go to Walmart to get your own 9-oz. package of these carrot cake Hershey Kisses while supplies last.