We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day and for some, including myself, breakfast is the best meal of the day. If this is the case, then you probably spend a little more time in the kitchen every morning cooking up a delicious breakfast for yourself as opposed to having cereal and running out the door.

For those who have a gluten allergy or have simply adopted a gluten-free diet, don’t fret because this can’t and won’t stop you from indulging in all of your favorite breakfast dishes. Read on to learn about 7 different high-protein and gluten-free breakfasts that are easy to make and will keep you energized throughout the day.

1. Avocado Toast Topped With a Fried Egg

gluten free

Photo courtesy of @mimis_meals on Instagram

Finding gluten-free bread that has the right consistency and flavor is surprisingly difficult. After trying multiple different brands of gluten-free bread, my favorite is definitely Udi’s, and I love to slice, dice, and mash a ripe avocado to place on top. You can leave it at that or add a fried egg for some additional protein and flavor.

Whether you like your eggs over easy, medium, or hard, it’ll taste good no matter what. This is sure to be one of the most delicious breakfasts that contains nearly 11g of protein and is completely gluten-free. Now that is a hearty breakfast!

2. Overnight Oats

gluten free

Photo by Kassie McIntyre

The greatest part about overnight oats is that the majority of the cooking time happens while you’re asleep. Take ten minutes the night before you want this and fill a mason jar with your favorite brand of gluten-free rolled oats and proceed to add the rest of the goodies.

Typically, overnight oats are made with milk or a milk substitute, honey or a sweetener of choice, and cinnamon. For some added protein, mix in your desired brand of protein powder or greek yogurt and leave it in the fridge over night and top it in the morning with fresh fruit. This is easy and simple and if you are in a rush to leave in the morning then this is definitely a delicious gluten-free option.

3. Fried Egg in an Avocado

gluten free

If you’re a fan of avo and eggs but want to avoid the carbs in avocado toast, this is the breakfast for you! Simply scoop out enough of the avocado so that a fried egg can fit perfectly in the middle and top it with the seasoning of your choice (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes etc.) This is completely gluten-free and approximately 9g of protein so rise and shine and try this delicious combination that will keep you going until lunch.

4. Egg White Scramble

gluten free

You really can’t go wrong with having a scramble for breakfast in the morning. Use egg whites for their protein content and mix in the veggies of your choice. If you want even more protein, add chicken, ham, or steak and I bet this will keep you full all morning long. Add in whatever you have stocked in your fridge and season it to your liking. Of course, this is gluten-free and beyond delicious!

5. Greek Yogurt Parfaitmimi

Parfaits are the easiest to make and actually contain a significant amount of protein. What could be better? On a warm summer day, a refreshing bowl of Greek yogurt with fruit will get your day started right. In fact, a 5.3oz container of Chobani Plain Greek yogurt contains 15g of protein and is totally gluten-free. And, if you want you can add gluten-free granola for some added crunch along with your favorite berries that will give great flavor to any yogurt you choose.

6. Gluten-Free Oatmeal

gluten free

There’s nothing like devouring a piping hot bowl of oatmeal in the morning, right? This breakfast idea is totally different than overnight oats and something you can make when you have a little bit more time in the morning. Gluten-free oats are easy to find and just as delicious as the regular kind. For some added protein, place a scoop of protein-packed peanut butter on top and slice up a banana and you’re good to go!

7. Smoothie Bowl

gluten free

Photo by Paula Kreutzer

Smoothie bowls are not only refreshing, but they’re full of protein and gluten-free. I recommend using acai as the base for the smoothie not only for its incredible nutritional value but also for its taste. Add chia seeds, gluten-free granola, fresh fruit and whatever else your taste buds desire to make this yummy breakfast. If you would like, mix in a dash of protein powder for an added boost. You won’t regret it!

So, when you’re feeling like you’ve been eating a little too much gluten-free cereal in the morning, switch up your routine with these protein-packed, easy to make, delicious breakfast ideas that will keep you full until your next meal.