Football season is hands down one of the best times of the year, especially with all the tailgate festivities going on. The only downside is that it's almost impossible to eat healthy while tailgating. Most of the dishes are greasy foods like hot dogs, hamburgers, wings and potato chips, making it really hard to eat clean. Being a health freak myself, I'm always looking for alternative foods to munch on for situations like this. Luckily, I've found seven healthy snack options for your next tailgate party (or at least healthier).

4505 Chicharrones & Cracklins

If you enjoy eating pork, you're gonna want to try these bad boys. 4505 Meats created a delicious, high-protein snack that makes a great alternative to traditional pork rinds. Their melt-in-your-mouth Chicharrones and crunchy Cracklins are loaded with flavor and seasoning and happen to have 0 carbs or sugars. Plus, each bag contains 7-9 grams of protein, making it the ultimate healthy snack.

Krave Jerky

Skip the frozen burgers and mystery meat hot dogs, and try Krave Jerky instead. Krave Jerky is a gluten-free, low-calorie snack with delicious, savory taste made using only the leanest cuts of meat and all-natural ingredients. Their protein-packed jerky comes in beef, chicken, pork, and turkey with flavors ranging from sweet and tangy to savory and spicy to appeal to every meat snack lover out there. 

Ozery Bakery's Brioche Bites

Ozery Bakery's Brioche Bites are out of this world amazing. These delicious fluffy bites are soft and slightly sweet, making them perfect to snack on or for making sliders. The best part is they're made without using any eggs or dairy and are completely vegan-friendly. To top it off, the bites are non-GMO verified and have zero artificial preservatives, flavoring, or color in them. Trust me, you'll never go back to basic white bread after popping one of these into your mouth. 

Brazi Bites

Brazi Bites are the ultimate cheesy bread bites you need to have on Game Day. These babies are naturally gluten-free, have zero trans fat, sugar, or soy in them, and are vegetarian approved. Not to mention, they are extremely delicious with a soft and chewy texture, making them the best snack ever. You can also get creative and use them for dipping or for slider buns, you name it. 

Fbomb Nut Butter

Fbomb is the bomb.com and quite literally the healthiest snack out there. It's made from an all-natural blend of macadamia nuts containing a good amount of healthy fats with very little carbs and no added sugars. It's not only keto, paleo, and vegan-friendly, it's non-GMO verified, contains zero peanuts, and was made in a peanut-free facility (just in case you're worried about allergies). It's the best kind of spread to take on the go and is a great healthy alternative to tradition tailgate dips.

Food Should Taste Good Tortilla Chips

Chips are probably one of the hardest things to pass on at a tailgate, but thanks to Food Should Taste Good, you'll never have to worry about it again. They've created a healthy version of tortilla chips made using nutty flaxseed, quinoa, and organic blue corn, aka Blue Corn chips. Plus, they contain 0 sugar and are free of gluten and dairy, so you can munch on these guilt-free at the tailgate.

Artisan Tropic Plantain Strips

If you're looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, you need to check out these Artisan Tropic Plantain Strips. They provide the perfect amount of crunchiness and sweetness, made using only 3 all natural ingredients. Crazy, right? They're not only gluten-free but have 0 artificial preservatives or flavorings, and no added sugars. You can enjoy these strips by themselves, or pair them with an almond dip to really satisfy those sugar cravings.

So, next time you're headed to a tailgate, be sure to check out and bring along any of these snacks. They're healthier than most and you won't have to worry about breaking from your diet while enjoying Game Day ever again.