Keeping a TV show running is pretty hard and it’s reasonable that quite a few get the ax now and then. Growing up watching Food Network helped me, and I’m sure many others, grow a love and passion for cooking and food. FN shows have come and gone, and while we all have our favorites, here is a list of 7 shows that we wish weren’t so long gone.

1. Paula’s Home Cooking

shows

Photo courtesy of @pauladeen_official on Instagram

Paula, Paula, Paula. Why did you have to have a scandal and leave us so soon? Your gooey butter cakes and fried recipes kept my spirit alive. Though most of your recipes were very certainly not healthy to consume on a daily basis, your southern charm and down home cooking struck a chord in my heart. Your love for butter and mayo is something that will never be forgotten. RIP to any Southern old lady who tried to take Paula’s place, because y’all ain’t never gonna replace Mrs. Deen.

2. Ace of Cakes

shows

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Who could forget Duff and Geoff and Mary Alice? This was the show to end all cake shows. The dynamic of Charm City Cake’s team was something that cannot be copied. The root of my pre-teen anxiety lay within the bakers moving their abnormally large cakes into that damn moving van. But those pros never let me down once. I will always fond(ant)ly remember you guys.

3. Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello

shows

Photo courtesy of @chefchiarello on Instagram

Michael’s show is definitely for those who are true Food Network fanatics. The man’s casual aura and soothing voice hooked me right from the beginning. I honestly don’t remember the food too much, but for me, this show was like a relaxing spa in a very weird but amazing way. I vow to not forget to one day try Michael’s beloved gray salt. Miss you MC, please come back to us.

4. Food Network Challenge

shows

Photo courtesy of @javidetto on Instagram

Oh, my, god. If any of you guys were fortunate enough to witness Kerry Vincent in all her cutthroat glory, you will know my feelings about this show. The chefs and bakers on this show seriously made some incredible pieces of art. From the sugar glass to the fondant work, I will never get over how crazy talented the contestants were. And watching the pure agony and heartbreak of the bakers who dropped their cakes was admittedly so sad, yet so fun to watch. Kerry if you read this, we miss you.

5. Dinner: Impossible

shows

Photo courtesy of @chefirvine on Instagram

Let me just say that Robert Irvine can probably put together a dinner to feed the entire country of the United States of America. The crazy missions he completed seemed so impossible, yet he almost always pulled them off. He catered clients like Barbie, Disneyland, and the NBA — whoa — all while dealing with crazy time limits and random rules. Pretty impressive. I must say that the end of the show where he showed off his dishes gave me major inspiration and happiness. Robert, you will always be remembered as a hardcore pro.

6. Good Eats!

shows

Gif courtesy of imgur.com

Oh, Alton Brown. While many of you may know him as the host of Iron Chef America, my memories of Alton are from his scientific cooking show. I was skeptical when I first started watching this show, but then one day, I just got it. Understanding the scientific process and history of roasting a chicken is truly something everybody needs to know. If you want to learn a little food knowledge that will impress both the academia and culinary worlds, go watch Good Eats ASAP.

7. Semi-Homemade

shows

Gif courtesy of makeagif.com

Sandra Lee is still one of my favorite television show hosts. Her habitual cocktail hour and efficient semi-homemade cooking changed the lives of all of us. I loved this show, but the fact that she did more than cook (table-setting, bartending, dressing up extravagantly for Halloween, etc.) was something that was never seen before, especially the Halloween part. Sandra, may you and your colorful alcoholic drinks live forever. And don’t worry, we all know those “two shots” were just a little off, girl.