One of the best parts of summer is having the opportunity to sit outside and enjoy a classy cocktail. If you’re like me, you don’t want to go out and spend a ton of money on cocktails for you and your friends. It can be so much cheaper to make the cocktails at home and split the cost. Here are some refreshing cocktails you can make without spending a ton of money.

1. Moscow Mule

cocktails

Photo courtesy of liquor.com

This is my personal favorite. Simply mix 4 oz. ginger beer with 1.5 oz. vodka, and add a splash of lime juice. Serve on the rocks in whatever glass you can find (they are typically served in a copper mug, but any glass will do).

#SpoonTip: Use alcoholic ginger beer. Not only does it add to the alcohol in this drink, but you can also drink it by itself.

2. Cape Cod

cocktails

Photo by Parker Luthman

The Cape Cod is essentially a glorified vodka cranberry. However, it is refreshing, cheap, and easy to make. Meaning it’s totally worth it. Add 4 oz. cranberry juice to 1.5 oz. vodka. Serve on the rocks and garnish with a lime wedge. To take it up a notch from being just a vodka cranberry, squeeze the lime into the drink.

3. John Daly

cocktails

Photo courtesy of bonappetit.com

This is an alcoholic Arnold Palmer. It’s super refreshing, super easy, and super tasty. Just add 1.5 oz. vodka to 2 oz. lemonade and 2 oz. iced tea. Serve on the rocks and garnish with lemon, if desired.

4. Spiked Cherry Limeade

cocktails

Photo by Marissa Arnett

Cherry limeade is one of the most refreshing drinks. Why not make it even better by making it alcoholic? Just add 1.5 oz. vodka to 4 oz. limeade. Add a splash of grenadine and serve on the rocks. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.

5. Dark and Stormy

cocktails

Photo by Paula Kreutzer

A Dark and Stormy is basically a Moscow Mule, just made with dark rum instead of vodka. Just add 1.5 oz. dark rum to 4 oz. ginger beer. Add a splash of lime juice and enjoy on the rocks. Garnish with lime, if you want to get fancy with it.

6. Paloma

cocktails

Photo courtesy of noshon.it

A Paloma is about as refreshing as it gets. Take 2 oz. tequila and add it to 5 oz. grapefruit soda (like Fresca or Squirt). Serve on the rocks and garnish with lime if you wanna get fancy.

7. Daiquiri

cocktails

Photo by Katherine Richter

Now, this isn’t your typical fruity, slushy daiquiri made with more sugar than anything else. This is made the classic way. Take 2 oz. light rum, 3/4 oz. lime juice (about half a lime), and 1 teaspoon sugar. Shake it up with some ice in a cocktail shaker (I promise you can get a decent cocktail shaker for fairly cheap). Serve in whatever glass or cup you can find.

Now that you’re armed with a small arsenal of cheap cocktails to make, go get your drink on. Except, don’t actually go anywhere — keep the party at home.